Thread: Too much perfume may indicate depression

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Too much perfume may indicate depression

I thought this was a good article. Wearing Too Much Perfume May Indicate Depression

Any thoughts or comments?

'Cat'

Re: Too much perfume may indicate depression

LOL, I get depressed having to provide health care for stinky detainees!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Ricu

I can definitely believe the findings of that study but have some questions about it. Do any of you along with me, wonder if there MUST be failure of the olfactory glands in order for the wearer to apply too much perfume?
    Secondly, I believe the same theory might apply to men as well. On the other hand, maybe what I'm thinking about is just excessive "grooming."

Along the same lines, why does everything else have to be scented; hand soap, hand cream, lip balm, trash bags, tissues, ALL personal hygeine products, and so on? I'm one of those wierd guys who would be grateful to have the option to get unscented everything. Clean is good.

In closing, while there is definitely an overload of smell out there, I'm not totally anti-fragrance. I do like a light scent here and there and on the occasions when I myself, wear cologne, I want it to be the only scent on me. Let me throw this one out there. With all of the perfumes, colognes and other scents usually found in public places, the building where my wife's office is actually has scented shades on the sconce lights in the hallways. Is that too much? I think so.

Wishing for more frangance free space...

R

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Ricu, I know what you're saying. Who knows, but it may all be psychological anyhow.

As for the detainees....how is the water supply there, and what is the cultural aspect of things????

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Ricu, I know what you're saying. Who knows, but it may all be psychological anyhow.

As for the detainees....how is the water supply there, and what is the cultural aspect of things????
    Water supply is fine right now. All our water is via bottled water except for at the chow hall. Although, this past summer we were threatened, if that is the right word, with water rationing regards to the potable water used for the latrines & showers. LOL, they were still watering the gravel roads to keep the dust down. I wonder what my lungs will be like by the time this deployment is finally over.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN