Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Nurse

Anonymous

ASK A NURSE

The term Ask A Nurse is listed on your website. Ask A Nurse is a registered trademark term of McKesson Corporation. Because of this, it is a trademark violation to use the term Ask A Nurse to describe a telephone nurse service or nurse triage service unless that service license the name from McKesson. Please remove the term Ask A Nurse as the name of the nurse advice service. For more information, please contact me.

Maureen Espensen
    Director, ASK-A-NURSE
    McKesson Medical Management Systems
    3200 N. Central Ave 17th Floor
    Phoenix, AZ 85012
    (602) 604-1215
    (602) 604-1213 (Fax)
    maureen.espensen@mckesson.com
    Please visit http://www.careenhance.com/marketing/systems/index.jsp
    OR http://www.ASK-A-NURSE.com

Re: ASK A NURSE

So sue me then. I offer neither a telephone nurse service nor a nurse triage service. I have no problem removing the phrase, but if you'd like to discuss this further, I'd appreciate it if you would call me (580-233-5344) or email me (aaron at ultimatenurse dot com) explaining the situation and politely asking me to remove it. Please do not come to my website and post like this. If you'll simply take the time to read the STICKY POST at the top of this forum you will see that we DO NOT offer that kind kind of advice.

This is the third time I have recieved a communication like this (this being the most professional at least) from someone. Each time before I quickly recieved follow up mail containing apologies for the misunderstanding. The first one I recieved was claiming I stole the UN logo from a design company. In reality, I sent them the design myself to have it further modified and they evidently lost track of it.

From my experience, things like this are best worked out in person.

Thanks,

Aaron Cooper
    www.ultimatenurse.com

I do not know if you are a nurse but I pray not! Regardless, Aaron is so correct. It is sad that anyone in such a "professional" position automatically assumes the worst. Hey, look before you leap! This is actually a good lesson for all of us, myself included.

Not so quick on the trigger with an apology, huh?

no big deal. I'm gonna change it for 'em anyway, it's not exactly like this forum is being used for its actual purpose anyway. How does "Ask Da Nurse" sound

Love that idea! What a way to advertise for free! I submitted a challange for them to apologize. Are you holding your breath?!
    Love "Ask Da Nurse", shall we open this to the group?.....
    Information Station
    Nurses R Us

Ask Da Nurse sounds fine, and yes, if it was such a concern, I would think that this person would contact you atleast by e mail, if not telephone to discuss such a matter!

Anonymous

how many hours do you work?

I just read this entire thread and I'm chuckling still! Is there a lawyer amongst us? If so... can a company actually copyright language in common usage like that- or trademark it?

It sounds ridiculous to me that an actual nurse would be barred from using the phrase "ask a nurse"... or for that matter, a unit secretary couldn't legally tell a patient's family member to "ask a nurse" because the US Patent Office gave the trademark for that phrase to some company!

Ha! Well, Maureen, what you accomplished with your rude post was to make McKesson Medical Management Systems
    look like jackasses.

Aaron.. your response to it was perfect.

Sara, Nothing surprises me about crazy laws

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast