Thread: Travel nursing in the USVI???

Travel nursing in the USVI???

Has anyone had a pleasant experience in the USVI either in St.Thomas or St.Croix and found where they were staying safe? And what company did you use? I have contact with trustaff but have read alot of bad things about this company and this now concerns me..thanks in advance for your help...happy travels.

Re: Travel nursing in the USVI???

My husband and I both traveled to USVI - ST. Thomas. We were very open to the experience and has no expectations. We worked with Trustaff. I would rate my experience with them about 2/10, so very poor. But the hospital and staff I found to be very welcoming to travelers -rated it 8/10. They rely on travelers to staff probably half of there hospital. So you run into a lot of new people. It was a good experience. If you love the beach then go! Visit the other islands too! If you don't like the beach, not really much else to do and you will be more susceptable to "island fever." I felt safe there. There are definately bad areas you want to stay away from. The islands rely on cruise ships and tourists. If you were to go, try finding housing on the North End by Mandahl Bay, Mahogony Run Golf Course or some housing in Peterborg. Staying near to the hospital is not necessarily a good thing, that is right down town and a lot of crime and ghetto experiences. Some stay out by Saffiare Beach Resort. But I find it was a long drive getting into town in the morning, or Pm's bad traffic! I think you will find it rewarding, if you enjoy great weather and the best beaches in the world!!