Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

hmmmm,
    I am currently working with AdvantageRN and they have been more than awesome. My recruiter is Jeannie and she has bent over backwards to get me the position I wanted and I worked out all the hours and such in my contract. I will definately go with AdvantageRN again.
    Matt

Smile Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Mattress,
    It's great that Advantage RN works for you. But heed other's advice. If any promblem occcurs, you may find it not all you think it is. I've also had promblems with their "compliance people". Been charged double amount for housing the last week of my assignment despite written contract and when I called housing they refuse to provide explaination. Been screamed at for errors on their part e.g. housing, compliance errors. They deduct housing from your check but tell you they won't place you in a suitable apartment because "you can't afford it" when the leasing manager reported to me their credit "didn't fly" due to poor references from other complexs related "slow to pay". This only about half of the promblems I've had. Good luck, I hope it continues to be a good experience for you.

Considering the strong opinions people have on this post, why are there no reviews for Advantage RN in the review section. Please, let's utilize this site for all it is worth! It helps all of us.

I know this is an old thread, but I could not help but to comment. I have worked for Advantage RN for over four years. Been with lots of other companies too. But never had anyone treat me so well. My wife and I travel together and they consistently place us in high paying jobs. Never heard of anyone making more on an assignment. But many, many, who make much less. I have stayed with Advantage RN for four years for a reason. My recruiter is Brandon R. He is based in the NC office. They have Ohio, NC, and Florida offices. From Cape Cod to Alaska to NC, they have always found me the best assignments.

I've been a nurse for three and a half years. I've been with AdvantageRN
    for two and a half years. No real complaints. Excellent take-home pay (about double what i made as a staff nurse) Dwayne M. is my recruiter based out of Ohio. He is in constant contact with me, sometimes calling just to say hello and to see if everything is going well. I couldnt ask for more. Company provided housing is PRICEY!! Do yourself a favor and find your own housing. Your paycheck will thank you.

Facebook User

Thumbs down Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

I wish when I read this posting I had listened to it. I took an assignment with Advantage RN in Los Angeles. I was told in an E-mail by my recruiter that I would receive my hourly wage plus a housing allowance since I was getting my own housing. When I received my contract it was extremly confusing and my attorney which I have now contacted agrees with me. I should have known something was up when they required me to have the contract back within 24 hours of them sending it to me. Imagine my suprise after being here 2 weeks and not receiving any housing allowance that according to Advantage RN I am not getting a housing allowance. I would like to say again that I have an E-mail from my recruiter that said I was getting 37/hour plus 525/week housing. I am now having to work overtime shifts and still have to put some of my expenses on a credit card because they LIED to me. I would not have signed the contract if I had been aware that was all the money I would be making. My attorney advised me that I should file a complaint with the State of Ohio wage and hour board because the contract is to confusing. The name of the company should be Take Advantage of an RN. Another thing that has made me look closer at this company is the fact that I have had 3 recruiters in the short time that I have had the displeasure of working with this company. My advise, STAY AWAY FROM ADVANTAGE RN OR THEY WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU!!!!

Cool Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Welcome to the site JeffD and thanks for the warning about Advantage RN.

Jeff, I am so sorry. It's amazing that they are able to do that. I filed a complaint with the Ohio Labor Board with tons of documentation, they sent it back as a civil matter. An employment attorney that I contacted stated that they illegally took my money but quoted me a huge fee not including expenses. I gave up. But I sincerely hope that you have a positive outcome. I know at one time they had a complaint also filed against them with the local BBB. Ohio needs to investigate the complaints lodged against them.

Facebook User

Cool Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Advantage RN is ok, just most of the travel companies. However, I was told I would receive travel compensation, and did not.
    They support their client not their traveler, but many companies do. The best one can do, is work with several different companies until you find your fit. They all have their good and bad points. The best company I traveled with was Medical Staffing Network.

Facebook User

Hi Jeff-
    Just make sure you read those contracts before you sign them, no matter what the time element is. It is important, once you sign, that is it. They are hard to argue. Good luck to you and your wife.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast