Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Facebook User

Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

Mattress-
    I am glad for you. I had the opposite experience and it really was horrible. The upside was the money was excellent, but my grades for school suffered as a result. The facility was completely rigid so, I don't know what to believe. I'd probably go with them again, as my recruiter was excellent and always there for me. Housing was excellent and the person for that went the extra mile for me when I needed it. I have nothing really bad to say about Advantage RN except read your contracts and know what you are signing. That goes for anything. Good luck to all.

Facebook User

Re: Stay Away From Advantage RN!!!!!

I'm researching travel nurse companies, and would like to know the name of the company you work for? Thank you

I know some of these posts are old, but I wanted to post about my experience anyway. I am new to this website and a newer travel nurse. In Dec, it will be 2 years since I started traveling. My first attempt was with an a awful company. The recruiters (I felt) talked down to me, the housing they put me in was in a unsafe part of town. (my vehicle was broken into twice and I don't drive anything special) Also my paychecks were always off.

I am on my second assignemwnt with Advnatage RN and haven't experienced any of the issues some have mentioned below. Maybe they have changed their ways? The recruiters have always been helpful, I loved the private housing they put me in. Pay is good and I have benefits. Not a lot to complain about when others around the country seem to be going through such a difficult time.
    anyway, that's just my experience.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Hi, MNNurse! Even if the posts are a bit old---any and all thoughts, comments, and complaints aare encouraged and appreciated.

'Cat'

Thumbs down TakeAdvantageofRNs

Recently, Advantage RN acquired two companies, one based in Centerville and another in San Diego, Calif. that it estimates could boost Advantage RN from about $50 million in revenue in 2011 to $80 million for 2012 and more than $100 million by 2014. To improve its quality, the company implemented new metrics to evaluate nurses and became more active in its relationships with hospitals and employees

I am new at advantage RN . I need help with legal advice. Has any of you guys terminated a contract and Advantage RN get back on you really bad? I started a contract and didn't really like the coordinator. It was my first assignment with them. then I told my recruiter about my inconveniences and all she can tell me is "at least you have a job". ok I get that. Not really happy. Then a great opportunity came and got accepted in a hospital with bigger pay, better position, and full time option. So I wrote to my recruiter and told her, I will not finish my contract since they don't reimburse gas and accommodation (BTW, I drive 1.5 to 2 hrs back and forth) and it's really tiring. I will pay any penalties. She replied and gave me all this "you insulted me"... "tell your perm job that YOU have a professional obligation to Advantage RN"... Ok I get it. But DOn't I have the right to advance my career and choose what's financially will suit me? She also told me that I need to pay 4000$ fine that will be incurred from the hospital.
    My question is, I don't have the right to cancel a contract and is the fine really that big? Because when I looked back at the contract, it didn't mentioned about the 4000$ fine from vendor. I read 500$ and I need to pay whatever expenses they paid for me. Please advise me and if I need to consult this to a lawyer as well. Thanks!

I am new at advantage RN . I need help with legal advice. Has any of you guys terminated a contract and Advantage RN get back on you really bad? I started a contract and didn't really like the coordinator. It was my first assignment with them. then I told my recruiter about my inconveniences and all she can tell me is "at least you have a job". ok I get that. Not really happy. Then a great opportunity came and got accepted in a hospital with bigger pay, better position, and full time option. So I wrote to my recruiter and told her, I will not finish my contract since they don't reimburse gas and accommodation (BTW, I drive 1.5 to 2 hrs back and forth) and it's really tiring. I will pay any penalties. She replied and gave me all this "you insulted me"... "tell your perm job that YOU have a professional obligation to Advantage RN"... Ok I get it. But DOn't I have the right to advance my career and choose what's financially will suit me? She also told me that I need to pay 4000$ fine that will be incurred from the hospital.
    My question is, I don't have the right to cancel a contract and is the fine really that big? Because when I looked back at the contract, it didn't mentioned about the 4000$ fine from vendor. I read 500$ and I need to pay whatever expenses they paid for me. Please advise me and if I need to consult this to a lawyer as well. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123