Thread: Stay away from OnAssignment

Angry Stay away from OnAssignment

discriminated against by On Assignment
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just like Blair1234 on this Forum
    I too have had my bad experience and I am being threatened by On Assignment to be sued. I obtained a travel nurse position in October 2007 with them. it was to last until 29 December 2007. it was at a horrible hospital in Los Angeles, but I went anyway. All we were told in orientation is how to defend ourselves in the areas surrounding the hospital. Perpetrators hide under cars and snatch womens' ankle, rob them,rape them, and mug them. You can imagine how i felt, but I continued on and worked there. Three weeks before I was fired the person in charge of travel nurses tried to cancel all travel nurse contracts. the manager from On /assignment went to the hospital and stopped it. Three weeks later I was fired on 12 November 2007, on false charges. This woman started picking nurses off one by one and no one sttod up for me. A code blue was called that should not have been called by two inexperienced nurses who would not listen to me. The man was yelling and screaming that he wanted his drugs. He was not cyanotic either. On Assignment told me, but would never give me a letter, that I was cleared of all charges by the medical personnel at On Assignment. None the less, I never received a new job. I travel with my disabled adult daughter and they knew this from the start. Now, I am jobless and they are trying to evict me so soon I will be homeless with a disabled daughter now on palliative care who will die from her diseases, a Syringomyelia and Chiari I malformation. She also gets frequent Pyelonephritis, has a partial bowel obstruction, Endometriosis Stage IV, and Interstitial Cystitis of the Bladder. They have refused to get me another job even though I have told them I would go to another travel position. Let me correct that. My recruiter, Jackie, did submit me to two inappropriate positions. I am not an ER nurse and she submitted me to two of those. Of course, the nurse manager saw through her and would not take me. I am a med/surg, psych, and post partum nurse. She takes off for long vacations and there is no continuity. Her immediate boss, Kirsten is just as bad. I have experienced race discrimination at the hospital they sent me to, age discrimination and discrination because I have a disabled family member and they do no want to pay for housing I need for her. I pay part of my housing because it is so expensive to have an elevator and washer and dryer in the apartment. All I want to do is have a job. I hate travel nursing at this point but have no choice but to stay in it. If anyone wants to email me privately, please send it to **PM for e-mail** I could use someone to sound this horrible situation off on. I would think we could all do a class action law suite. This seems to be happening to others from what I read. These travel companies try to take advantage of us and then we are supposed to take it? To tell someone not to worry after being fired is ignorant and unprofessional and that is what I was told by Jackie.

By the way, I am new to this forum and I messed up on my Username. Do you know how I can change it? Thank you.

Unhappy in CA

Re: Stay away from OnAssignment

I am so sorry to hear of your difficulty with OA. I worked several contracts with them, including one in LA, yes it was a horrible hospital but I toughed it out, mainly because I had a wonderful recruiter. However, she is no longer with the company and I have not worked for them since. To me, the right recruiter is the key to a successful travel assignment for any company, God bless you and your daughter, will keep you in my prayers.