Been a while since the last time I was here. Hopefully you still check the web.

I am from WA, where are you from, XOEmmyLouOX? Here in Seattle area, it's very tough to get LPN job. One ridiculous thing is that job requires experience, and without job, how is it possible to get experience?

Most places hiring LPN are LTC or assisted living facilities. LPN jobs are replaced by medical asistant due to limited duties of LPN, and that hospitals can pay a lower amount of money to MA.

However, there are jobs here offered for MA, but LPN can apply for the job, only problem is you get paied as an MA. I'm so disappointed.

I am a new grad, and struggling finding a job, which is very unexpected for LPNs. One place I was offered is a long term care facility for $25.00/hr. Sounds great, huh? No, absolutely not! staff/patient ratio is 1:30. How in the world am I going to handle this amount of workload?

I also did several research on the facility and read other posts on allnurses.com ( a similar nursing forum like ultimatenurse.com) about very several bad stories about this workload. I would have a heart attack soon after working like this! I'd rather searching anywhere else before considering the job.

Going back for an RN is probably one a of a way to help out!