Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Uniforms

White Uniforms

NOOOOO Whenever I wear white I always get something on it. Colors don't show blood and other body fluids as much.

Re: White Uniforms

I would not like to wear white. I don't even wear light colored scrubs very often. Stains and spills look so messy on white, and they are going to happen no matter how careful you are.

Thank you for your reply. It is greatly appreciated

I have had the opportunity to wear white when I was in nursing school....it was nice. I also like the idea of white as it is reccognized by many patients. kind of like a symbol of healing. I know some patients get nervous with the "white coat syndrome" but the professionalism is forgotten with scrubs this day and age.

I am flexible and conform to what my employer dress code is. My heart is professional and hopefully that whatever I wear as a nurse can still reflect the professionalism.

I know that scrubs are being worn in all areas of the hospital...even housekeeping...so it can be confusing for a patient when a housekeeper comes in the room and being asked a medical request.

Hopefully things will fall into place so we as nurses can know what to have in the closet...LOL

Never Do White Again!

i have to admit there I wear a lot of white and I don't have to. Because blood dosn't always come out of colors. I know I destroyed a shirt last week. I think that colors are great but I can understand the white professionalism, also. I think that nurse should be allowed to weat what they want. I am really all for dress down days. So even though white is easy to get dirty, I love my white pants. mostly because I hate trying to match my scrub tops with bottoms and everything goes with white.

Here is a different spin on white pants. My co-worker here on week ends (just 2 of us) Had on white pants. A transport guy asked me how long has she been a nurse. He then said did you notice her white pants. He snickered and left. I did NOT have a clue what he was talking about.

Later that shift she was helping me clean stretchers. will you could see fancy lace panties through the pants. Well as a good friend I informed her of the view and what the transport person said. Well no more white pants.

I work in the E.D. and am forced to wear white scrubs. I and all my fellow nurses hate it. The only time I make it home clean or not having changed 2-3 times is on quiet nights and we all know how many of those we get. We have all tried to get the policy changed but unfortunately my hospital is run by an ancient old fashioned archaic board of directors, who until recently made their female nurses wear their caps.They say that it distinguishes us as nurses,which isnt true our techs who wear maroon scrubs still get called nurse,so does radiology and respiratory. Not to mention as a male nurse I constantly get called doctor even though I am head to toe white with big RN on my name tag. I HATE WHITE UNIFORMS.

I think white looks lovely -- but not on me.

Several years ago, I worked in a nursing home that forced us to wear caps. I did not wear mine and was constantly harrassed. The idea was thst nurses could be distinguished from other staff. Like that was my concern. My concern was caring for the pathetic people. There were only three or four staff. I mean, how hard could it be? You'd be lucky to find any of us.

I really do think that white is lovely if one chooses to wear it. I am thankful that I do not have to wear it.

I worked with a male nurse who wore a cap. I admired him for that. He did not have to do it. Very difficult to stick it to his crew cut. I considered getting a crew cut.

Male nurses will probably always be mistaken for doctors, unfortunately.

I work with a female NP and, before that, with a female doctor. Often, people mistake me for the "doctor" because, I reckon, people don't expect females to have assistants.

Faizi

There seems to be a national trend to return to nurses' wearing white. You would think with all the issues facing nursing these days that nursing administrators would have more important things to think about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast