Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP

Anonymous

HELP

I graduated from LPN school in 2003. I have only worked at one place and that was for only 3 months. I quit to stay home with my youngest because when he was at the sitters she was caught choking him and so I didnt trust anyone else. Now he will be in all day kindergarden soon and I want to return to the work force. What shall I tell the people who interview me?

Anonymous

Re: HELP

Guess nurses only care about themselves and not their colleagues...take my advice...tell them you went through a divorce recently and now need employment...screw those ignorant peole out therei

Sounds like you'd be considered a graduate nurse by most facilities. Two years though isn't that long to be out. I'd start looking around at the classified for openings in long term care, doctor's offices, hospitals if that is where you want to work, should be plenty of openings.

Leaving the workforce to care for a child is very common and you should not be discriminated against for it. You can say just that and ask for their regular orientation.

I'd be concerned about the only having worked three months. It's important to know if you left the old job on good terms or not. If not, you might be better off saying you got your license and then took time off. If you ask to be trained as a new graduate, it should be fine.

Hope that helps.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com/lpn

Anonymous

I think you should say what you just said. You wanted to be home with your child in his most important years. Now he is starting school and you are looking for a place to start your career.Don't worry. If you aren't too picky you will find something to get your foot in the door.Jennifer L.

you have a license and a pulse and live in Indiana? You can get a job, don't sweat it.

I have been out of nursing for almost a year and not by choice think Indianna would accept me?

I need to add that I didn't do anything outragious and I am not on drugs.

Depends on how long you were in nursing and what you mean by being out of nursing for a year, and not by choice.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com

been in nursing for 25 years was terminated for no real good reason collected unemployment and now I am having trouble getting work here. I moved here a couple of years ago and was at this place for 15 months. Yearly eval was good, then it was a wam bam thank you mam and out I went. I was devastated and a wreck when I took another postion. I should have waited before getting another job. well any way here I am in my 50's no money, no job and being treated as if I am some kind of reject. any suggestions?

Anonymous

same boat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast