Thread: Stand Up Nurses

Nurses Time to Stand

Nurses, I need help. Go to independentmail.com and ready the story of the HS nurse, if this can be done to me....it can be done to all.......please support the efforts of hard working dedicated nurses just fighting for their practice!
    I think nurses everwhere should see how school nurses are treated in SC. This is an outrage. I have been nursing for 25 yrs, worked for the Federal Gov., State Gov., and the Private sector, but never have I seen what I see in a school!!!!!
    Please respone to the independentmail.com to help me bring awareness to our practice. Blazing trails here.......

I am fighting for nursing practice............

Nurses PLEASE STAND UP

I am in a small town and apparently where I live if a parent comes into a HS health room, and FORCES a RN to administer a medication she has already REFUSED to administer, it isn't against the law......this means none of us are safe to practice, if we can be forced to break our nursing practice act. I need your support, and comments......PLEASE.....help us be safe, we are in the trenches, with little support, we do it all because of our love for children, and deserve the right to be safe. PLEASE READ MY STORY ON

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Nurses PLEASE STAND UP

Have you considered that the parent is just that? The PARENT? Ask the parent to give the medicine, or find another nurse/someone else. Further litigation could ensue from refusal.

Cougarnurse

Re: Nurses PLEASE STAND UP

yes, of course he is a parent, and the superintendent of the school district, so my expectations is he sets the standards of how to be a parents in the school. I begged for so many different options, there were multiple issues, and as a RN my practice DICTATES me question, and nurses shouldn't have to beg, but I did, and still was run over!!!!!!! Did you read my articles in the news........