Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennsylvania: Experts predict nursing shortage

Re: Pennsylvania: Experts predict nursing shortage

Sorry I thought you were talking of Pa. I worked in Harrisburg. I lkied it there. But was having personal problems and the agency that i was working with put me in a bad spot, told them I did not want LTC and when I got there it was LTC they told me it was a hospital. Don't like when companies lie like that.

I guess you did specify Philli. I was centered on the whole state, my error.

I have worked in PA as an RN for over 30 years and have seen it all. Closings, layoffs, understaffing. you name it. I am currently working in the Phillie area on a travel assignment. I have considered going out of the state as a travel nurse but the pay and benefits in some of the other states is horrendous and not worth it. Actually I have found a nice hospital in Phillie that treats me well as a traveler and I have renewed my contract. PA has a shortage and will have a big shortage in the future. We are a state of elderly and will have a large number of elderly in the future.

(Andrew so nice to know you are in Phillie. I have admired NurseFriendly for a long time.)

PaRN
    President of SK Smith Consulting - a nursing business for legal nurse consulting, authoring, and lecturing

Wink Re: Pennsylvania: Experts predict nursing shortage

I dont look at shortages as a bad thing. More jobs for us!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nursinghumor View Post
    Ok, and you've had assignments in how many other states to offer in comparision to your current assignment in PA?

In talking to hundreds of staff and travel nurses nation-wide, I've found administration choosing to understaff nurses is a problem in every state.

So it sounds like you strictly in it just for the money now? Maybe you need to rethink your reasons for going into nursing. Most people just in it for the paycheck are miserable and hate their jobs no matter where they go.

That goes for nursing and most other occupations as well.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com
    I agree 100% alot of people are looking for a nice check. If you dont like helping others and are not good on your feet than nursing is not the field for you. My sister adores children and I feel she would be excellent as a teacher or daycare owner. My mother keeps trying to push her into nursing. I dont think she would last one day as a nurse, maybe in neonatal or childrens hosp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12