Hello to All
I am very early in recovery and I know how important it is to have support from others. I thought I would start a thread for people in recovery to quickly access a daily message from peers. I know for me it helps to hear other people who have the same daily struggles and challenges I face.
I hope many members will join in and share their difficulties,and joys with others

Today is day 36 for me. It is a gray, cloudy day in Maine but even so my day is not going too bad. The last few days have been very tough. My grandmother is terminal with cancer and the last couple days have been up and down. I continue with shaking and constant craving for ANYTHING to change the way I feel. I have been overeating like crazy and still think about drugs and alcohol most of the time. I finally slept last night so my thinking is a little clearer. I am working from home which gets a bit lonely but I go to my IOP program at noon and look forward to getting out of the house. I live in a very rural area so it is a nice 60 min. drive to the program. I made plans to take my kids ice skating tonight, which should be funny since neither know how to skate. I will be sure to let you know tomm. how it went. I am looking forward to having some fun today? Wow I forgot what that used to feel like. It feels pretty good.Remember to thank your higher power today!
lp