Hi,

I am new to this site and is glad that i found it via another site. I am an empty nester now with children all grown and on their own and also recently became a widow--I am age 50 and have been a LPN since 1985--with experience in hospital step-down units, med-surg and 1 day surgery departments and charge nurse at nursing home.. I am interested in getting to do some traveling and seeing other places of which was not possible during my child rearing yrs.. I met some travel nurses on last yr and there excitement about getting into the mobile nurse indurstry have stirred my interest greatly, but I am finding that most travel nurse agencies do not contract LPNs but RNs only.. The only license I have at this time is Alabama License.. but I am hearing that it is not hard to get endorsement licenses for other states.

If anyone here can share with me some good dependable agencies that they have worked with and I prefer the ones that pay weekly--I was told about american mobile and checked out their web site, but they pay bi-weekly..I would love to get a contract in Atlanta,GA --but have not found an agency that covers that region..

Your info and advice will be appreciated.
Thanks--Joyce