Thread: I AM A RN WANNA BE!!!

I AM A RN WANNA BE!!!

Hi, to anyone who has any advice for me. I am wanting to be an RN and am hoping to start school soon. But I need some insight as to what classes to take, and what to expect. Also, I have a felony, A guy took me shopping with a stollen credit card, I didnt know it was stollen but since I picked out stuff, they gave me 2 years probation which has been completed since Novemeber. But my question is chould this prevent me from getting my license? Any advice, insight or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Re: I AM A RN WANNA BE!!!

I was told that you could not recieve your license if you had a felony. I know about 3 months ago, at a hospital in Dallas, 8 women were let go because they had felonies.

Re: I AM A RN WANNA BE!!!

The state board of nursing will decide on a case by case basis whether to grant you a license if you have a criminal record. If were something like drug possession, DWI, child abuse or physical violence, it would likely cause you problems.

You could call the state board and ask them. You can also put it down on your nursing school applications. If they feel it will cause you a problem getting a license down the line, they'll be straightforward and discourage you from going to nursing school in the first place.

In the end, like on job applications, it comes down to how honest you are about it. Some employers do criminal background checks, some do not. Some state boards will check your criminal history, some will not.

You can risk not putting it down and being exposed, fired later or you can be honest up front.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.4nursing.com