Hi Everybody,

I am writing an article on Travel Nurses for Bridges.
If you are not familiar with Bridges, it's a leading provider of career information services, training and self-directed career and educational planning tools. It's an online resource that is used by over 13.500 schools, colleges, universities and agencies (both Canadian and American).

I've included a link to their site for your interest:
http://www.bridges.com/canada/about/index.htm

The article is on career information for future Travel Nurses.

Would anybody be able to lend some comments to the article? Or direct me to some sources who could? The article will be published online at the Bridges site for students to access. I would prefer to submit some questions and have the answers returned by e-mail. I can do a phone interview if that is not possible.

I would need the answers by no later than noon EST, Fri, April 22.

The questions I have are as follows:

1) What aspect(s) or circumstances originally drew you to a career as a travel nurse?

2) Outline your work experience in this field (education and types of workplaces).

3) Is being a travel nurse a long term career goal, a temporary position, or stepping stone to other career aspirations?

4) What are the advantages and disadvantages of this type of employment?

5) Please share any tips regarding how to choose a travel nurse employment agency.

6) General thoughts on personality traits required to succeed as a travel nurse, and advice to anyone considering this career path.

7) Do you have any acquaintances who are Travel Nurses who I may contact also (e-mail preferred please)?

Many thanks for your time and candor --- on behalf of myself, Bridges, and more importantly, the students who count on this valuable "insider" information! You will have the opportunity later by way of a followup call to approve the quotes used in the article.

Please return answers to: morley@cnwl.igs.net

Cheers,
Morley Seaver
RR1
Moose Creek, ON
Canada
K0C 1W0
Phone: (613) 538-2864
Fax: (613) 538-2889
morley@cnwl.igs.net