Thread: legal defense fund

legal defense fund

Does anyone know of a defense fund for nurses? I have been defending myself legally for five years and have lost everything in the process.I have been through the wringer a couple of times defending my license and my future. I am out of funds and my accusers are not out of stories. Does anyone know of anything that could help me in my situation. I still owe my attorney nineteen thousand dollars and I still more defending to get done. HELP!

Re: legal defense fund

Sorry, wish I could help. Do have a question for you though. Do you know of a way to stop employers from reporting negatively about you. I thought it was a law that they are only allowed to report if you were rehireable or not and the dates you were employed?

Thanks and good luck!!!!

that's a myth. When they send for refernces there is a place for comments and believe me they comment. I saw a stack of these refernces and on the top was one that stated "terminated for stealing drugs" even though there was no proof of this. I worked at a place where the DON actually enjoyed writing people up. I was written up for excessive absences (5) in 15 months? 3 of these days was due to the flu that I caught from the facility. and if that isn't enough they hire people they know or are friends with. they need to keep people that will cover for them or should I say have a like mind, good or bad. so management is as good as their friends

I assume you didn't have insurance. can I ask what you are defending that is taking so long?