Thread: what the detection time for etoh?

what the detection time for etoh?

is it possible to have a drink on a friday and if a test is chosen for monday, still pass? alcohol is metabolized by the liver at the rate of one drink per hour, but do their test still detect it? and by the way does anyone in the PA PHMP know what the different options mean?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: what the detection time for etoh?

Quote Originally Posted by gratefulfan215 View Post
    is it possible to have a drink on a friday and if a test is chosen for monday, still pass? alcohol is metabolized by the liver at the rate of one drink per hour, but do their test still detect it? and by the way does anyone in the PA PHMP know what the different options mean?
    Alcohol may be metabolized at 1 oz of ETOH per hour but ETG which is synthesized by the liver in the breakdown of alcohol is present in the urine for 3 to 5 days (sometimes as far out as 7 days) so the answer to your question of weather you can drink on Friday and test positive on Monday is Yes. If you slipped so be it get back on your program. If you had to test after drinking on Friday you will most likely test positive on Monday - It's best not to try to figure out what you can get away with and just not drink - easier said than done I know (believe me I know) But you will never win with this strategy.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Re: what the detection time for etoh?

Yes, it is possible to drink on Friday and have a clean urine on monday. The point of Hppygrateful message is a good one; diversion is easier and will be much more meaningful if you don't drink at all. However, it is not my role to judge you. Lot's of things can factor in; are you a man or a woman? How much do you weigh? When was ETOH consummed and how much? Does the test screen for ETG or just alcohol?

The more important question here is not will you be able to hide the alcohol in your system..it is will you be able to stop after starting. I don't know how your body works or how your program has been going or anything, but I do have some recent experience in this area. I'm not sure if you read the just for today thread I post in but about 10 days ago I "picked up" so I could enjoy the weekend with my husband. Boring sober Laurie is alot less exciting in many ways so I took a chance and had a drink..which turned into many more. The point is I have not been able to put it back down. I had almost 30 days clean again for the 2nd time and now I am back to being a morning til bedtime pass out many times a day drunk. I wish I could go back 10 days and remind myself how absolutely horrible and empty this felt before I had that first drink, but I can't..if you have not picked up that drink yet PLEASE STOP and at least try to remember what your life could turn back into!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Laurie

"Man can Live without food for about 40 days,without water for about 3 days,and without air for about 8 minutes..but only 1 second without hope" -Hal Linden

Recently I was told a positive could show up 10 days out. I'm not sure how, but that remark was conveyed at our nursing group.