Thread: Travel assignment

Travel assignment

I am currently on my first travel assignment in Charleston, SC. My contract will end on July 5 and I am looking for a different company to travel with. At first, I accepted this contract verbally because I was quoted a very nice hourly wage. I didn't realize until I actually got my contract that I was responsible for travel expenses, licensure, housing, etc. because I was place on the Tax Advantage Program by my recruiter. Reluctantly, I accepted because I hoped that if I got one contract out of the way, I could always move on to another company. I realize that there is still quite a ways to go on my contract, but unfortunately, I am a planner and I like to know where I am going from here as well in advance as I can get that information....LOL! I will be traveling with my husband and a small dog (I do realize that there is some extra expense with that). We are open to traveling pretty much anywhere.....love coastal areas. If anyone knows of a good recruiter with a reputable company, please let me know.....I am kinda tired of being offered 25-28 dollars an hour and seeing others being offered 30+.:33: BTW, I am a med-surg RN with 1 year of experience (doesnt include the 8 years as an LPN).

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Travel assignment

I am currently traveling with RN Network, have been for over a year, and my recruiter is awesome. I get paid a good hourly rate at each assignment, plus free housing, travel reimbursement, free insurance for me (it is only $70/week to add my husband to my insurance), licensure reimbursement, etc... If you would like my recruiter's contact info, send me a PM!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Smile Re: Travel assignment

Sure, I would love to have that information. Thanks!!
    KerrielynRN

Hi Kerrielyn,

My name is Heather, I am a Recruiter at Supplemental Healthcare Travel Nursing. SHC has been in business for over 20 years and we place nurses throughout the entire country. We offer full Health Care along with Dental, 401K with immediate vesting & a$1000.00 Completion bonus after each 13 week contract. Call me sometime this week. I would live to answer any questions or go over a pay package. I look forward to talking to you.

Thanks,
    Heather Rampino
    SHC
    716-541-2674
    1800-543-9399 X. 22674
    http://hrampino@travelnures.com

Good luck with finding your company, I feel that it makes your life easier if you find the right recruiter. I have traveled for 6 yrs. I have never traveled with RN Network but other travelers I've worked with are happy with them. American Mobile companies eg NursesRx, O'Grady Peyton, etc offer more assignments, are more professional, etc.. but most nurses are disappointed in their pay rate. I can't recommend Advantage RN, They post high pay rates, but the traveler is responsible for own travel expenses, education, housing,insurance and so forth. They also are unprofessional and like to use tactics such as intimidation, verbal threats, and unfortunately yelling. I don't think any company is "the perfect one", but if you find a recruiter your are comfortable with snag them. I lost a great recruiter 8 yrs ago and I wish I could only find another one that is half as good as she was.

Hello Kerrilyn! Are you still looking for a travel assignment? I am an RN and recruiter for a great national travel company. I would love to help you. One of the great benefits with our company is that you have an RN managing your assignment with you, someone who is a seasoned travel RN with great experience and professionalism. I'd love to speak with you about what you are looking for. Feel free to contact me at travelnursing@cox.net. Hope to speak with you soon.

Tabitha Rivera, RN, BSN
    Senior Nurse Recruiter

Smile Re: Travel assignment

Hi kerrielyn,

Ca1l me to discussthe opportunites available.

Thanks,
    Heather Rampino
    SHC
    716-541-2674
    1800-543-9399 X. 22674
    http://hrampino@travelnures.com

I work with RTG Medical - if interested I can message you my recruiter's info - she is GREAT !!!

To solve all your problems simply call RTG Medical! Completely upfront and honest about everything. Will tell you about everything involved in travel. Ask for Eric

Talking Re: Travel assignment ............................................

Hello Kerrilyn!

Are you still looking for a travel assignment? We have several positions in the hospital available across the nation !! We offer excellent pay and other benefits including free private housing or a stipend, travel money, insurance, direct deposit, and a 401K.......plus you will work with the same recruiter on each assignment - which is so important !!

RTG Medical is listed on the INC 500 as being one of the fastest growing companies in the Country. We have done this by being industry leaders in placing traveling professionals in settings that create a win-win relationship for them and the facility. We are JCAHO accredited, so we are held to the same high standards as the facilities we place our candidates in.

I would love to talk to you or anyone you may know regarding these opportunities and see if we have something that might be a good fit for you. At RTG we really focus on taking care of our employees in every aspect. Customer service is our number one concern.

Please give me a call at (866) 784 - 2329 ext 222 or send me an email and we can get started. I truly look forward to working with you and I hope to talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

Mellisa Newill
    Senior Recruiter
    RTG Medical
    "Temporary Staffing - Permanent Solutions"
    Ph: 866-784-2329 ext: 222
    Email: mellisa.newill@rtgmedical.com
    Web: RTG Medical

RTG Medical is proud to have received both the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of approval (TM) for healthcare staffing services and be a member of the Inc 500 list of fastest growing privately held companies in the United States.