Thread: Strike Lines

Strike Lines

Has anyone ever taken a job over strike lines? I heard that is where the big bucks are. Opinions anyone? My only reason for being interested is that I need to make a lot of money fast...gotta get my kids out of college! Or if you know of a better nursing place to go. I'd really apprieciate any serious ideas. Thanks

Re: Strike Lines

I have several friends who work strikes, and I am going to be starting this summer, after my contract here ends. Look to Crisisnurse, or Fastaff for positions. My friends love it, you will work hard, usually 6 days/nights a week depending on how long the strike lasts. They say that if it goes longer than a few weeks, you will go to 3-4 days/nights as they bring in fresh crews.

Re: Strike Lines

I need money too, but I wouldn't take the chance of messing up my license for any one.

Exclamation Re: Strike Lines

I need money too but I refuse to cross picket lines. I have the utmost respect for those nurses fighting for the rights of all nurses and patients. I've worked too many shifts with intolerably large dangerous patient loads where both my license and the safety of the patients were at risk.
    There is a reason that these nurses have had to resort to strikes. Please don't undermine their efforts to improve nursing for all of us.