Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passed!!!

Passed!!!

I just made it through my first clinical semester! Aced the final yesterday which was exciting! It was a -really- rough first semester, with everything being completely new as I've never even worked as a CNA. I doubted myself and the progam and the career numerous times, and was stressed the whole way through; never thought I'd make it. I know I have lots to go, 3 more semesters till my RN, and I'm gonna hang in there and see how next semester goes; because though I've had my doubts about whether I'm fit to make a good nurse, something in me tells me I just might be able to do it and develop more of a passion for it. Hopefully. We'll see. Anyway, congrats to any other students who are rounding up your spring semester!!! :shades_smile:
    "I will never leave you nor forsake you" -Hebrews 13:5b :rose:

Re: Passed!!!

Congratulations..keep up the good work. I think the best nurses are the ones who doubt their natural ability to be a nurse and study very hard to know what to do. Your gonna be a Great nurse!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Laurie

"Man can Live without food for about 40 days,without water for about 3 days,and without air for about 8 minutes..but only 1 second without hope" -Hal Linden

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Congrats! First semester is a bit daunting: you're learning the basis for everything that follows, and there is soooo much to learn anymore. Stop by and de-stress anytime.

'Cat' :star:

Member Extraordinaire

Congratulations!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Hang in there. If you aren't in a year round program I would suggest looking at your notes a couple times during the summer. I found that going back after having the summer off the most difficult part of the program.
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.

Yeah they definitely assigned us a bunch of new material to look over over the summer in preparation for the fall semester, since we're diving head first into it and going over it very quickly once it starts..

So between that, and taking some internet courses towards my bachelors, and hopefully finding a job and working, I should be nice and busy this summer. :cry_smile: haha lol...

there's quite a few people in my class who didn't pass this semester.. it's sad and even more who are just quitting or switching fields...
    "I will never leave you nor forsake you" -Hebrews 13:5b :rose:

Congratulations AsheZ! I just finished my first semester (theory and clinical) and am headlong into the second one now. I'm in a concurrent ADN/BSN program so I know what you mean about online classes. Frankly, some of mine are really a pain in the you know what. Our BSN Physical Assessment class was very helpful in the clinical setting but thus far the others have felt like a lot of glorification of APA style and busywork. Are you having similar issues? I don't mind jumping through hoops but there is so much going on and so very little time. Missing sleep over a care plan is one thing but over proper placement of et al. and responses to web postings is quite another. Went for a nice bike ride with my husband today and it went a long way towards making me a happier student nurse

AsheZ, are you in a new clinical facility this semester? We've changed to our third site and so far it's not the greatest atmosphere but the staff seem to care about their patients. I've only taken real issue with one incidence so far but I didn't have a chance to ask the nurse for her rationale. So I'd rather not be too hasty to judge without really knowing the full picture. Hope your clinicals are going well too!- Toddy

Thumbs up Re: Passed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashez0520 View Post
    Yeah they definitely assigned us a bunch of new material to look over over the summer in preparation for the fall semester, since we're diving head first into it and going over it very quickly once it starts..

So between that, and taking some internet courses towards my bachelors, and hopefully finding a job and working, I should be nice and busy this summer. :cry_smile: haha lol...

there's quite a few people in my class who didn't pass this semester.. it's sad and even more who are just quitting or switching fields...

Unfortunatly many of those who start the jurney will not end it in success, I look back on my first days in school and wonder what has become of the ones who didn't make it and some I wonder why they even started. Not all of us are cut out to be nurses, some try it for the "PAYCHECK" others, someone may have pressed them into it, still some have a blind view that all we do is hand out pills "HOW HARD CAN THAT BE?".

My point is the ones who make it (generaly)(but unfortunatly not allways) are "DRIVEN" to be Nurses by somthing inside, Myself, it seemed that no-matter what I did I kept somehow heading back in the direction of Nursing as my only path in life that went in the direction I wanted to go.

So, do not feel to badly for those who didn't make it this time. Some may yet succeed, the ones who don't will probably land on a new pathway to success.

Rejoice in the fact that you made it (for now) and keep up the good (HARD) work.

P.S. Why are you reading this instead of looking over that material your instructors gave you at the end of last semmester?:confused:
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

I'm sure poster is reading over the material from the end of the semester. Sometimes we are in need of a 'break', eh?

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    I'm sure poster is reading over the material from the end of the semester. Sometimes we are in need of a 'break', eh?
    From reading the OP's last post sounds like even though no directly related nursing program classes during the summer she was going to be very busy.

I was a CST before nursing school. I'm sure it is tough for nursing students that have never been exposed to the health care field prior to starting a nursing program.

I hope she comes back here to post up.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast