Thread: Are all companies alike?

Are all companies alike?

I would like to know if all agencies are basically the same. Is it true that they all get the same amount of money from the hospitals but just divide it up differently to offer you different things? I would like to know how one company can offer you 27$ an hour in someplace like AZ, but another company can offer 32$ an hour at the same place. So how do you pick the best? I am an ER nurse with 11 years experience and work nights.

Re: Are all companies alike?

It depends on how much the agency wants to pocket

I just got an offer for a permanent placement in a hospital with a 2 year contract I think the recruiter let some one in her office get wind of it and now this other recruiter is trying to keep me from going there lol

The young ones don't want us older nurses making any money, they want to keep us in poverty lol

Companies are awarded contracts to staff certain positions at medical facilities. There can even be numerous staffing/recruiting companies working within the same hospital/facility. Companies are awarded these contracts on several different criteria. Some contracts are awarded to small businesses only. Others are awarded to the lowest bidder (the one that says they can fill the position for the least amount of money). Some contracts are awarded to those that say they can fill the position the fastest.

The best company to work for is one that has been in the business for a long time and has been able to receive numerous contracts based on the criteria to which contracts are awarded. The best suggestion is to research any recruiting company that contacts you with a job offer. Be sure to get the name of the company and its website. This is just the basic information you should request. In addition to this information drill your recruiter for more information such as why the position is open and how long it has been open. Remeber you are interviewing the company just as they are interviewing you.

There are also agencies that let you keep more of the bill rate, which means more money for you! They might not offer as much in the way of 'free' stuff like housing, insurance etc., but can work out much better financially.

Check out http://www.nursespro.com - they have a different approach.

Good luck with your choice!

All travel companies are definitely not the same. Most will tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign up with them and then not follow through. At TravelMax though they truly stand behind what they say. They are associated with Maxim Health Care Services therefor really do have more needs to choose from then everyone else and customize each package to fit their nurses needs.

In addition to great pay, TravelMax also offers you:
    - Fully furnished private housing
    - Free health and dental insurance
    - Relocation assistance
    - Tax free stipends
    - Weekly pay with direct deposit
    - Local offices
    - 24/7 on-call support!
    ... and much more!

Please call Nick Franklin TODAY for more information!!

Online Application NOW AVAILABLE!!
    http://TRAVMAX.COM

Nick Franklin
    Nurse Recruiter
    TravelMax Medical Professionals
    Phone: 888-800-1855 • Fax: 800-294-1248
    Email: nifrankl@travmax.com

I have been a traveler for 10 years now and have found there is a big difference between agencies. You have to really do your homework and ask specific questions about housing, transportation, who pays for what, etc. I would cruise the job boards (careerbuilder,absolutely,nursesrule, etc) and shop them all before making a move.

You need to consider more than just the hourly rate.

You should compare offers based on the total of the compensation package. Think of factors such as housing, insurance, retirement plan, tax benefits, and of course hourly rates.

If you would like to speak with a recruiter, you can apply for Jobs in Nursing here. http://www.jobs-in-nursing.com

Hope this helps.