Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Core Medical Group

Core Medical Group

Core Medical Group places Registered Nurses of all specialties in Travel and Permanent Positions throughout the U.S. You won't believe our benefits and bonus programs! A leader in healthcare staffing for over 15 years!!

CoreMedical Group is a national travel nurse agency offering the industry’s best benefits, including:
    - Top Pay plus an Overtime Bonus Program!
    - BEST MEDICAL COVERAGE – Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield that begins the day you do!
    - Free Dental and Life Insurance
    - Free Fully-furnished private housing OR we will pay you a monthly stipend
    - Matching 401K Plan
    - Travel and Licensing Assistance and Reimbursement
    - Weekly pay and direct deposit

Ask about our “Club CoreMed” vacation bonus where it’s a BREEZE to earn a FREE 5-day, 4 night, all-inclusive vacation to Breezes Superclub in Nassau, Bahamas!

CoreMedical Group has NATIONWIDE openings for RN’s and LPN’s in various clinical settings.

Core Medical Group
    Phone: 800-995-2673 or 1333
    fax: 866-4201-1055
    ks@coremedicalgroup.com
    Click HERE to visit Core Medical Group
    Click HERE to visit Core Medical Group JOBS

Re: Core Medical Group

In spite of your promise of free housing, I was halfway to Rhode Island from Montana (in NY) when I was informed I would be charged $70/wk for my housing, which was 40 miles from my job (even though my contract had already been signed and it was obviously breached). When the facility tried to make me take 56 patients over the Thanksgiving weekend and I refused, I was told by the weekend supv not to come back. I was then told by Core that I had 24 hours to vacate the apt I had paid $70/week for. You then kept my final paycheck "to recoup housing cost because I did not complete my contract". I was told I had to pay extra because of price of housing to keep my cats. The apt personnel told me that the housing was not more than Core's allowance, which is not what Core told me. If you are going to offer FREE housing, you should be sure it is FREE before you get someone halfway there and spring it on them. You should also make sure the facility has a safe nurse/petient ratio before you send your nurses there to endanger the lives of innocent people. I hope other nurses read this,heed the warning and pass it on.

I agree. I took a job at a dialysis facility through Core and was told initially that the hours were 6AM to 6:30PM, three days a week. My first day there, which was also my last, I was told that the day started at 5:30AM and that the patients come off, or are supposed to come off the machines at 7PM and then there might be an additional half hour for whatever had to be done to close the place down after the patients left. I was told this might involve an extra half an hour's time. When I spoke to the nurse who would actually be doing my orientation, I mentioned this concern about the hours to her and she said that in reality the days can easily run into 8 or 8:30PM, after having started at 5:30AM! The recruiter at Core wasn't happy to hear how unsatisfied I was that all this was not made clear prior to my starting with this company, whose pay and benefit package wasn't all that hot to begin with. The only thing the job had going for it from my perspective was training in a new field and no holidays. This recruiter was quite nasty in an email to me after I notified him also by email about having been jerked around by him and this company. I keep seeing their ads on various job sites and always skip right by anything that says, "Core Medical Group" in it.

I thank heaven everyday for this site! i have learned so much and am not surprised to hear these horror stories. i have learned what questions to ask in the interview, and to call and verify my housing arrangements prior to leaving my assignment so i know if i can expect a bait and switch. i worked my first assignment with coremed and they kept trying to put me into homehealth or nursing homes. after the jail assignment which they encouraged me to stay on in spite of the fact that it was not safe for me physically, they had nothing else to offer and submitted my paperwork for a position that i was clearly not qualified in

steer clear of Core Medical Group. Their only interest is getting the commission. Not whats good for the hospital or you. They promise a lot but do as little as possible and still get you hired. They will lie to you and to the hospital if thats what it takes to get you signed on.

Chris,

please see my response below to your second post.

I am certainly not disputing your opinions or experiences, however this is not the appropriate place for such discussion.

If you would like, you may post your opinions of them in the reveiws section. You can find a link at the top of the forum navigation.

Actually I had a great experience with Core medical group.
    They were very helpful and lend me money up front in my emergency situation to relocate, and I ended up paying them back in three month as I promised I would do.

I have worked with many agencies before and they seem to spend extra time to get to know you. It really depends on who you're dealing with. The girl that I dealt with was excellent, and yes she was only 28 yrs old but she worked her ass off for me.

I actually thought about being a recruiter since I'm in my 50's and they were very upfront when they explained the environment.
    It's a fast paced and they work long hours. That wasn't for me.

Also they told me they don't hire anybody unless they are fully convinced that they have the work ethic and don't have a shady background like some people here in this forum who is complaining as a recruiter and who was not hired by them.
    He sounds like a bitter person, and the fact that he wasn't good enough or had the personality, it burnt his behind.
    :39: :firedup:

But anyway if anybody is interested I can recommend a few other recruiters at other agencies that I've worked with in the past, and done a good job for me.
    :luck:

Chris,

I am deleting your posts as they serve nothing to the discussion at hand. Your comments are obviously biased against them because you are working for another company.

While we value your opinion, it would not serve the best interest of any of the parties involved to read a review of someone who has someone against their company, especially a competing recruiter who appears to have a chip on their shoulder due to past dealings.

I hope you understand.

smbrn,
    In response to your comments, I can tell you dealt with Ted, too. He had the nerve to keep sending me job postings via email after the nightmare experience in Rhode Island. I asked him to remove my name from their email list and he became very angry and aggressive; made me glad I wasn't near him, as he appeared totally out of control. I am still in contact with some of the girls who worked in RI with me, as well as a couple of other victims I have met since. They, too, have worked for other companies before and after and all agree that CORE IS THE WORST any of us has ever dealt with. I have also worked in facilities where the nurse managers are horrified with some of the mismatched nurses they get, not to mention the stories they hear about Core. Not surprisingly, I don't hear much about them anymore, except from new travelers who weren't forewarned and made the same mistake we did. Hopefully, word is finally catching on.

Core Medical sends me email from a yahoo account for a fictitious company with a fictitious recruiter named Samantha promising a $50,000.00 sign on for a 2 year commitment in some fictitious and nonexistent planet in an effort to collect funds that they claim I owe them. They have put me on a nonexistent "do not hire" list, and the phone messages that Matt B. left on my cell phone describing how "f*d up" my parents must have been to produce such a ***** like me were without a doubt the most unprofessional conduct that anyone could ever hope to exhibit. He and Greg H. are unscrupulous and Matt knows nothing about the industry, so I would STEER CLEAR>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast