Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "GUY-101"

Re: \"GUY-101\"

4) A hemostat will not work the same as a pair of pliers.

Hey cassioo, Are you a guy hater or just being sarcastic? Sometimes it's hard to tell over the PC, not that it really matters.

Member Extraordinaire

No I'm not a guy hater I've even married a couple, raised 2 and working on another one. But I don't know about sarcastic maybe hitting close to home for some A hemostate might not work as well as pliers but sometimes a butter knife works as well as a screw driver. I like about all kinds of jokes (go read the practical joke thread someplace I can give you some tips) I like dumb blond jokes cause I resemble that remark (but quote Dolly "they really don't bother me cause I'm not dumb or blond" ok so I am blond) As for the secret handshake my father and 2 brothers have been Grand Puba of their lodge so got an inside scoop...and also watched lots of flintstones so know the one from the royal order of the buffalo also so watch out

[ QUOTE ]
    cassioo said:
    . . . but sometimes a butter knife works as well as a screw driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give you that one cassioo

5) There is not much you can't fix with cable ties or velcro.

Member Extraordinaire

I tell my labor observation patients to take home the monitor belts and bring them when they come again and just keep them in the car for bungie cables if they forget to bring them for labor.

And the "GUY-101" favorite all purpose fixer upper is duct tape.

Member Extraordinaire

like the carnie who fixes the farris wheel with that roll of duct tape hanging on his belt....makes you want to be stuck on the top.

Guy 101

Hey guys...

Another thing I learned in Guy 101 is that a clamped tube will neither draw nor flush.

And about the handshake. Guys will understand this. Your patient is in isolation, so you have to don face mask, gloves, and a paper gown...in an ICU that is warmer than **** to keep the patients from getting too cold...in July...when the residents are brand-spanking new...with the hot floodlights on so they can see what they are doing. After standing in one place pushing meds and keeping the pt alive during the procedure...some things just start to stick together or find themselves in a less-than-comfortable position. The more you try not to think about it, the more it bothers ya... The more it bothers you, the more you try not to think about it. It starts making you crazy...

What is the first thing you wanna do for yourself when the procedure is over and your patient is all cleaned up and taken care of? Yup, that's the handshake alright. LOL

Speaking of duct tape

I took a patient of mine down to ER to see her daughter that had come in earlier that afternoon. What did I see, but guy with a big piece of duct tape slapped on his forehead with bloody smears around it. Talk about the ultimate bandaid.

And as for the technical aspects, I try to figure things out first, then if at all possible, RTFM.

Also, it helps relieve the patient's back pain from their air mattress deflating if you hit the CPR buttton......as some school friends and floor nurses found out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast