Thread: Compact States should have photos on license

Compact States should have photos on license

I think for safety reasons the compact states should have a license similar to a drivers license any one else agree with me. NM sends their's to Chicago to be made into plastic and are hard to duplicate. I also think that you should have to let the board know when you are working in a different state.

Re: Compact States should have photos on license

I'd love to see a computerized, national database in place that could track where a nurse is working by their license number.

A nursing license is at least as important as a driver's license and that is much more heavily regulated, protected from fraud.

Make it mandatory that each hospital verify a nurse's licensure with the state board before they could work in that facility. That way if "irregularities" were noted, they could be dealt with quickly through appropriate channels.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursinga2z.com

they now have on city buses where you have to run a card through the machine instead of putting money in. I worked in one place where the time clock checked your hand for identification. I do think nursing needs to up their technology to keep up with the times or we are really going to be in big trouble, and I think it has already started. Crooks will milk the system for as long as they can get away with it. It is too easy for fraud to take place in the compact states the way it is now. Before you discover some one isn't who they claim, they are gone, or they don't even have to identify themselves. A tad scary to me.

Has any one seen the movie "Catch me if you can" that's the sort of criminal activity that is going on in nursing.