Thread: Licensure Help

Licensure Help

My current (and only) active license is a Pennsylvania one. I'm applying to get a license in NY, but I'm confused about the extras tacked onto the two separate forms I've got to fill out. One extra is that I need a certification that shows I've had two hours of training in "child abuse recognition and reporting" and the other is an infection control certification. Does anyone know whether these are covered by my PA approved RN program or my annual skills review at the hospital where I work now? Also, how expensive is it to have licensure in multiple states? The way I'm reading these forms, a NY license is going to cost me $175 plus these extra classes if I have to take them.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Licensure Help

Call the NY board of nursing and they most likely will send you the video or cd to watch and take the test or they may have it on line. They don't expect you to go find a class. The rest is just filling out the forms and have your nursing school send your record to NY. Every state is different Also, you should get reimbursed by the company if you are going to take an assignment and just need the license. Ask the company the policy.
    Some states are walk thru which makes life easy.