Thread: San Diego Bound

San Diego Bound

I will be headed to San Diego in the fall, first time as a traveler, with my husband & my pets. does anyone have any info on the Children's hospital out there ( I am a picu RN & will be taking a picu assignment). I signed up with AMN & was reviewing some of their housing. does anyone have info regarding safe areas of san diego to live in, etc....Any help or additional info for a new traveler would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Member Extraordinaire

Re: San Diego Bound

I just left San Diego last month- I worked as a traveler in the ER at Kaiser for 6 months. My company had my husband and I up in a condo in Mission Valley- a very nice area that is safe & centrally located to pretty much everything. This is where we stayed: The Missions at Rio Vista - San Diego, California
    We have a dog, and this place allows pets. There are also several other very nice apartment & condo complexes in Mission Valley that are very nice, and Mission Valley is very close to Rady Children's (about a 10-15 minute drive, depending on traffic). San Diego is a beautiful place to be (I miss it already!). Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

was there a weight limit on pets at Missions at Rio Vista? I have a 9 month old Golden Retriever who is now about 50 lbs. Do you know of any other nice condos in the Mission Valley area that accept pets?

Member Extraordinaire

I don't know if there was a weight limit- I did see quite a few other larger dogs around the complex, so maybe not- you'd have to call them to find out. Not sure what other complexes allow pets- your travel company should be able to find out for you...
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen