Thread: Monday, June 30th, 2008

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Monday, June 30th, 2008

Mornin', everybody....it's Monday. I managed to find some coffee for you; enjoy! Had to get up early, as I have a meeting later.

Have a good day. :star: :star: :star:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Monday, June 30th, 2008

Had to work today. Dr Weinie and weinie 2 at it again big babies....

If you remember one dal a week or so ago we had a pt with a reaction to rocephin..couldn't breathe had the response team etc...my co-worker who was in charge that day told me the NM had her in the office on one of my days off because the pt's mother complained that we left the patient alone while she was in the middle of not being able to breathe...big lie there was always somebody with her and the mother said one of us said we didn't have any epi when resp asked about it....hello it's not in my pocket but it's around nobody said the hospital was out. So the co-worker had to write a response...WHY that's another thing to just tick me off why do we have to defend ourselves to crazies?????

Here's a good one from yesterday I get a patient in about 32 weeks pregnant she says she has level 8 fundal pain and hasn't felt her baby move since the previous morning (ok 16 hours not too long to decide your baby isn't moving) well I don't have a prenatal on her she's switched doctors. Has the flatest affect. I do my thing she's not contracted I can feel the baby move and when I ask if she feels it "No" she can't eat "nothing tastes good" check her and not dialated so send a UA. Everything comes back normal (in her H&A find her to be allergic to a bunch of psych meds..how does one know that unless you've been on them) I give her a rice krispie treat (her choice) which she only eats 2 bites of (waste of a treat should have given her a cracker) So everything is ok so I go to tell her she's discharged come back or call MD for any problems blah blah blah tell her her urine is ok no UTI so she says "what about the drugs" DING DING DING I say what drugs you told me you don't take anything but a vitamin..."well I've heard sometimes they show up"....me only if we run a drug screen...guess what I run one and she's positive....go figure...I'm very tired of the pregnant women using
    work tomorrow then vacation