Thread: Need Info

Question Need Info

Can you Become a Rn With No SAT or ACT scores:confused:

If so can You List The schools Thanks

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Need Info

You would need to check with your local schools of nursing- they would be able to let you know if they require SAT or ACT scores prior to admission. Many schools will not require these if you have been out of high school for more than 5 years, and in place, they will have you take placement tests to see if you need to take any remedial classes in math or english.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWIRN View Post
    You would need to check with your local schools of nursing- they would be able to let you know if they require SAT or ACT scores prior to admission. Many schools will not require these if you have been out of high school for more than 5 years, and in place, they will have you take placement tests to see if you need to take any remedial classes in math or english.
    Thanks again The school I am looking at is this one I can not find anything on It Mitchell Community College

What Kind Of Math do you need to Know

Member Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Bellew View Post
    Thanks again The school I am looking at is this one I can not find anything on It Mitchell Community College

What Kind Of Math do you need to Know
    Again, you'd have to contact the school to find out their specific requirements, but most colleges will require you to take at least one college-level algebra class- you can usually take it during your first year of school, before you start in the nursing program.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

The three community colleges I have went to did not require ACT or SAT. Without any college course you probably will have to take a math and english test so they will know were to place you. I think college level algebra is the highest you'll need. Most math you need in nursing is basic algebra. Best thing to do is ask the admission office. If you get a BSN, a stats course it probably required.
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.