Thread: Nebraska bound.

Nebraska bound.

Hi
    I have been an icu Rn for 4 years now. We will be moving to the Lincoln Area as my husband starts school there in August. I have always wanted to travel and i think this is my time to do so. I have been talking with RN Network and American Traveller. I would like some information from those who have travelled in the lincoln, Omaha area concerning nice places to live, patient to nurse ratio, housing stipend and pay rate. Also, please advice on great recruiters who work with these two companies and any local travel company as i will be in the lincoln area for a while. Thanks and have a great day.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nebraska bound.

PM me for my recruiter with RN Network & his contact info....
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Re: Nebraska bound.

In Lincoln, you want to stay away from the area North of O st to Superior. That neighborhood, while experiencing some gentrification, is still a little rough. The museum at the University city campus is awsome and definately worth a look. If you have kids (even if you don't if your like me) the children's museum is a blast. Lots of great resturants..make sure to head to the haymarket for coffee and dinner sometime. Spagetti factory is fun. I loved "swimming" in the fountain at the University...which is allowed. The zoo is cute and fun, and if you go up to Omaha, the Henry Dorley Zoo is only outranked by the San Diego Zoo. This zoo is incredible. There's the SAC museum with military planes and such. If you need a great church, try Fellowship Baptist at 1515 West South Street...absolutely beyond compare for a loving and Bible believing church. Let me know if you want to know anything else. There are many things to see and do there.