With no end in sight, and a retrogression that stands at five years for nurses, this might be the end of nursing migration to the US for RNs from the Philippines. No bills are in sight, and hundreds of thousands of H1B workers are already in the US waiting for adjustment of status, competing with the scarce visas allocated to the Philippines. The future looks bleak, and the December VB will most likely show very little movement. The move toward other countries than the US only, could be a very wise decision for all PI nurses.

RKM

With more than 300,000 pending applications for AOS under EB3, the chances for a PI RN to leave the PI as an immigrant is zero for the next five years, or more if no Schedule A for nurses is created (the chances are very low). The PI RNs can kiss the great American Dream goodbye.

RKM

Comment:

RKM is right and horribly having a good grasp of what is to come. Then I hold my breathe for a second and sigh. It is a sorry state to all student nurses in the Philippines especially first year students and Registered Nurses who had already filed their I-140 who are waiting on the line. Imagine, the above figures of 300,000 pending applications for AOS under EB3. It gives me the shivers combined with the current economic recession of US. There is just a spark of hope lingering on my mind right now. To add more, we need to inform everybody that we are slowly running through a dead end here. Unless if there are available Nursing Jobs on planet Mars.