Thread: 68 on my first test-I am sooo upset!! I studied soo hard!!!

Angry 68 on my first test-I am sooo upset!! I studied soo hard!!!

That really sucks!!! I was in the books everyday, I thought I knew the material, but when I got the test the questions were worded in such a way that I could not understand them.....I am really upset....I dont know how else I can study....my instructor told me that I cant memorize, I have to actually apply what I am learning, I even done all of the practice questions that were available to me and just made a D on the test we only have four tests left so I really have to step it up, but I dont know how.......ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....Thanks,

Re: 68 on my first test-I am sooo upset!! I studied soo hard!!!

Sorry to hear that. I know what you are going through since I has the same thing happen to me last semester. Does your college have tutors? They can be a big help by explaining things in a different way than the instructor can. Good Luck!
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.

Thanks for your advice, anyone that didnt make above an 80 has to go for remediaiton, about 95% of the class is in there.....I am hoping I will be able to get something out of that.....We have to have a grade averege of 70 to pass the course.....right now I am keeping my fingers crossed....

We have to have an 80% to pass a course.
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

95% of the class in remediation after the test? Ya think that might be saying something, dontcha?! And no, I don't mean about the class.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    95% of the class in remediation after the test? Ya think that might be saying something, dontcha?! And no, I don't mean about the class.
    Yea, Like the "INSTRUCTOR" needs to go for refresher course in Teaching 101. If a class of Nursing students dose that BAD it warrants looking into by the accreditation review board (THOSE PEOPLE ARE SCARRY) at least, the program director should review the test and see if it was fair to give to raw recruits.

Post us a few sample questions and we will see how we fare on them anyway.
    "BECAUSE I SAID SO" IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Mind you, I am glad those of you who are teachers didn't take my comment wrong! Orion, I was thinking along your lines....some teachers do need refresher courses.

Oh yes, I remember this. We had a couple instructors when I was in school who almost every test more than 80% of the class failed the test. They couldn't get that if that was happening maybe they needed to look at the teacher not the students.

Quote Originally Posted by donna5599 View Post
    That really sucks!!! I was in the books everyday, I thought I knew the material, but when I got the test the questions were worded in such a way that I could not understand them.....I am really upset....I dont know how else I can study....my instructor told me that I cant memorize, I have to actually apply what I am learning, I even done all of the practice questions that were available to me and just made a D on the test we only have four tests left so I really have to step it up, but I dont know how.......ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....Thanks,
    The answer to your question/dilemma is not that you "knew" the material, but you did not understood the material. There is a difference. Good Luck.

I remember in my ADN program that a 74 was a fail, 75-82 = C, 83-92 = B, 93^ = A.

I did much better in my RN-BSN program [3.67 GPA] vs. ADN program [GPA? ...forget on purpose].

To this day I'm not fond of muliple choice exams. I'd much rather take a short essay type test. In fact, my Microbiology course [looooooooooooong time ago ] was all short essay questions & I received an "A" in the course.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN