Thread: Can I Still Be A Registered Nurse???!!!

Can I Still Be A Registered Nurse???!!!

Hello,

I am a 21 year old male living in Northeastern Pennsylvania. I am one month from taking the NETS. If want to enter into the Luzerne County Community College Nursing Program for which I will receive an Associates Degree in Nursing and am eligible to take the NCLEX-RN.

BUT I have a criminal record which shows a misdemeanor for small amount of marijuana/paraphernalia possession from 2 years ago. I cannot get in front of a judge and ask for it to be expunged yet AND I was not a minor when it happened.

What is going to happen to my plans?

(any information is helpful, if someone could include websites or phone numbers to call I would be so grateful.)

Smile Re: Can I Still Be A Registered Nurse???!!!

I'm about 90% sure that you aren't allowed to have a criminal record, however, if you were convicted as a juvenile you may be able to have your record expunged or you could apply for a pardon from the state. Hope that helps!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: Can I Still Be A Registered Nurse???!!!

i think is some states there is system to allow you to get your license - But you will most likely have to submits letters re: your character and proof that you have been through some kind of rehab and recovery. I understand PA is a very Tough state for these kind of things so don't lose heart.

Peace and Namaste

HPPY

Re: Can I Still Be A Registered Nurse???!!!

You will have to check with your particular state's board of nursing. Each one is different.
    Flight/Trauma Nurse
    RN, B.S.N., CCRN, ccNREMT-P, FP-C,
    B.S. NeuroScience, M.S.N.(ACNP/FNP) Student
    ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS, and all the other $2 titles