Thread: Thursday, July 31st, 2008

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Thursday, July 31st, 2008

Mornin', you guys. Will serve up grub later.

Think of it this way, Cary....you can always have that martini tomorrow, eh?

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Thursday, July 31st, 2008

I'm off today but on call at 3 (until 7am) Just waiting for The View to come on because Toby Keith (um um um ) is on today then going to take a nap I had planned to sleep in today but heard the dog at 7 wanting to go out. I have Avon to sort out and deliver so hopefully won't get called in and can do that...not too big of an order this week so won't take long.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

So, Cass......what was the problem earlier in the week? Calm enough to hash it out yet?

I gotta go pay a few bills, so will be back later.

Member Extraordinaire

Problem really wasn't that bad but part of it was timing. I'm president of our "unit council" voted on by the unit staff and we had a council meeting. There is a suggestion box which I have the key for. There have been some problems recently mostly because we're short staffed (3 people just hired but won't start orientation for a week and it'll take 3 months to orient 2 of them and most of that for the other one) someone else is on LOA and will probably quit. Then we've been really busy for a few months and there are those who always do work harder then others and those that always think they do....anyway the boss asked that any specific complaints (to be confidential)for her be put into that box. I open the box before the meeting and gave the boss her notes the complaints and things we can't even take care of. Our meeting was not much the big topic is how to handle lunches on day shift....it's a small unit so it's always been who wants to go now ok you go then I'll go when you get back...when we're slammed nobody gets to go. Well I was just typing up the suggestions from the box and it turns out the boss had showed one of the complaints to somebody (the note had said boss plays favorites with this nurse who happens to be one that always thinks she's doing more) so she was mad and starts in on me about "you people on that council" well I was just typing I hadn't shared the confidential note with anybody just gave it to the boss...so she was mad and took it out on me, I was tired and on my 6th day and PMSing. If I could have quit I would have I try to do my job get along with everyone (maybe why I was voted to the council) then I get the crap....just a sucky day.