Thread: RN

Smile RN

New nurse to labor and delivery. Just moved to Florida from Tennessee. I have been offered a L&D/OB position at Wuesthoff Hospital. I hear they give a PBDS critical thinking test. I am so nervous. Does anyone have an L&D/OB study guide and sample test to share. I would be so thankful. I have heard some controversial reviews regarding this exam.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: RN

Glad to have you join the Forum, LauraLee! Hope you stop by and post often!

'Cat'

Re: RN

Hello Lauralee & WELCOME! My RN area is not OB/GYN. Maybe someone with that area of concentration will chime in. Good luck!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Smile Re: RN

Hi Lauralee.....must be PBDS day......i've answered several posts on two websites concerning PBDS......you don't need to be nervous.....your a good nurse and know your stuff.....the PBDS is an assessment nto a test.....there is no pass/fail......the results are used to "tailor" your orientation....to make it shorter or longer depending on what you need.......I have put nurses to work with only 2 weeks of orientation after PBDS and travelers to work with only 2 days orientation following PBDS.....just look at the video as it plays and write down what you would do in thet given situation just like you would if it were a real patient and you were his/her nurse......don't leave anything out no matter how obvious it seems to you......I'll see you in Rockledge......