Thread: Help I'm addicted

Help I\'m addicted

Is there anyone in the state of New Hampshire here that can help me to save my license?My license is already on probation and I tested positive for narcotics,lost my job but admitted I have a problem and want help.Any ways to salvage career now or in the future.Any suggestions welcomed.

Re: Help I\'m addicted

If what I say to you sounds harsh, so be it. I have no truck with nurses that have abused the privilege of holding the narcotic keys. If you learn anything from your 12-step program, you will realize that you should be begging our forgiveness rather than asking how to circumvent the tight spot you are in. Good luck in rehab.

O_S

Re: Help I\'m addicted *DELETED*

Post deleted by nursinghumor

Like the previous I deleted, totally unrelated to the topic at hand.

Member Extraordinaire

I would think if you were already on probation they were giving you the chance and you blew it. Don't know what the course you could take now. Maybe if you are suspended at some point if you show rehab you can get reinstated.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

The only way to salvage your career at this point is to get sober and stay that way. If your state has a diversion program get into it and complete the the program. Admitting you have a problem is a great start butnow the really hard part starts. Taking responsibility for your disease and turning your will and you life over to the care of a Higher Power. Go to meetings, sit down shut up and listen. Read the Big Book, get a sponsor, work the steps. That's all of course if you want to be sober? If you don't you'll keep getting caught and you will eventually end up in prison or dead. Sobriety is about more that not using or drinking. It's about adopting a whole new way of life in which you see the part your toughts and actions play in everything that happens to you. I have been sober for over 9 months now and though it hasn't been easy I have to say that my worst day sober is 100% better that my best day drunk." Even though I never diverted drugs nor was I drunk on the job I was suspended after a suicide attempt and have been off working my program for these 9 months. The board just re-activated my license with restrictions of course and I am working again! Through the Grace of God, AA and that wonderful lady who is my sponsorI have learned that I never have to drink again and I am happy and free for the first time in 30 years.

From a happy grateful alcoholic

God bless you all, and keep your head up. Please remember WHO your higher power IS!!!! You might want to add to your arsenal of programs, the "Celebrate Recovery" program which was started by the same guy who started the "Purpose Driven Life" movement... go to http://www.celebraterecovery.com ,

God Bless you all!

Tracy