Thread: Thoughts on "Continential Nursing Agency"

Thoughts on "Continential Nursing Agency"

Hi,
    I am new to this site just wanted to say hello to all my fellow nurses first. I was just wondering if anyone had hear of or worked with Continential, they also go by Ohio Valley Nursing Agency in WV. I am in the begining stages of waiting on assignments. they offer free insurance plus dental and vision and 1200-1700 housing. No word yet on pay. Any ideas? :33:

Re: Thoughts on "Continential Nursing Agency"

I have never heard of Continential and as soon as a company says " free insurance plus dental and vision " RED FLAG

1. Nothing is ever Free - especially health insurance these days
    2. Every company is given a bill rates from a hospital and the company decides to split that up how they want to make it sound good you to the nurse - I know this from experience !! So if you are looking for free insurance they are probably just paying you less travel / hourly/ect the money has to come from somewhere and it's not going to be thier pocket it will be yours. This goes the same for bonuses, in less the bonus is coming from the hospital it's still coming out of the same pot of money AND being taxed at 40%

I have been traveling for quite some time, I have recently talked to a recruiter at RTG Medical and they have excellent benefits, and are great with getting back to me on questions I have and they set up MY pay package how I want it. I would be more then happy to give you her information, just email me and I can get that to you !!

Congrats and welcome If you have anymore questions message me I would be more then happy to help

Re: Thoughts on "Continential Nursing Agency"

Lisa,
    Thanks for the info. I quess it really is a mute point, I've been told that my 17 years as a nurse is, well---not worth a plugged nickle. my first love is and always will be LDRP 11yrs exp. but they tell me since I last worked tele, that's were I's be placed. I have 4 kids and just had a hysto and really need to make more money than I make currently and have traveled before and thought it would be the answer. I really need to think hard if I can do tele, not that tele is bad, i just enjoy LDRP the most. You're right I am getting the we have free benefits and higher housing pay but $450 travel pad offers vs. higher pay rate. I am glad I found this forum, it has been very helpful on travel agency reviews. i live in WV and this states just doesn't offer much.