Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what I did today thread

Member Extraordinaire

what I did today thread

I'm starting a new thread called what I did today or going to do today because I like to know what everyone is up to
    So I'll start just jump in there. I got up at 5 and took my shower and ate my toast and diet coke and checking my e-mail. I'll leave here in about 20 minutes for my 45 minute drive to work. I think I'm incharge in labor today and I know there's an induction which should go pretty quickly as this is the pt's 3rd baby and she's been trying to have it for 20 weeks alreay. Then I have a tanning bed appt when I get off... I know it's bad but I do it anyway it's my summer vice I don't smoke, I don't drink (much) and I don't chase wild wild men. Then if by then it's time to pick my 6 yr old up from bible school I'll do that if my friend hasn't already. Then come home and sort out my Avon order to deliver tomorrow...I hate sorting out day but like to open the boxes plus it's an extra $100+ every couple of weeks that mine all mine it doesn't get spent on the house and kids. If I'm not too busy at work plan to finish a new form (don't you wish you worked with me making up new forms to use LOL) hey it gets clinical ladder points and this one will be worth having because a nurse is making it not somebody locked in the basement that has no idea what we do. OK ttfn gotta get the shoes on hi-ho-hi-ho

Re: what I did today thread

WHEW

I just got back from an ALS transport. 70 y/o AcIWMI, received Retivase 15 min before scooping and hauling to the interventional cath lab 20 miles away. Code 3 through rush hour traffic. Pt had 12 mg MS tot and still having CP. 8 minutes door-to-door.

O_S

Member Extraordinaire

the delivery I had today was pretty easy. The pt got there right after 7am she uses an older doc...very sweet man but will drive you nuts. He decided he wanted a sono to measure fluid and for position right before starting induction so the sono didn't get done till 9:30 then started the pit. He finally came and broke her water about 3 and she delivered at 6:45. That's a good delivery because after 3 we have to clean the rooms so if they deliver after 17:30 they don't move to post partum until after 1900 and nights cleans the room...sorry nights..but the night shift nurses kissed me and thanked me since they didn't have to deal with that doc I just ignore him and tell him to go away and I'll call when I want him with the less experienced nightshift he'll sit at the nurses station for hours and want to check them every 5 minutes. We had a couple of NST's in and out but nothing else big so a good day.
    Tanning bed at 8 as soon as I could get there (got out of work early at 7:15)
    home to sort Avon order got my helper's order sorted and she was picking kids up from bible school
    Checking mail (snail and online) then
    will sort the rest of the orders so I can deliver before work tomorrow (I'm incharge post=partum) so hope to get this sorted and in bed before 11 and get up at 5 so we'll see....
    and how was your day everyone?

Member Extraordinaire

gonna pack today for my trip to Fla tomorrow...now that the tropical storm is coming....

Yeah, it's heading your way. Be very careful on the road.

Member Extraordinaire

we're debating now leaving in the morning or waiting till Sunday. If we leave in the morning and make the time we usually do we'd make Destin between 3 & 5 right when the storm hits which would be stupid unless it would turn to TX.

I'm glad I didn't read this yesterday....

Today, I have done nothing. Got up, went to work. Haven't worked. Got lunch. Am eating now. Shitty day and week for me....

Member Extraordinaire

Just got back from the week at the beach. Spent the days sunning and reading books, walking on the beach in the mornings and/or evenings. Went on a SeaBlaster cruise that was fun. Went to SeaSide where the Truman Show was filmed..nice place to see wish I had 1/2 the $$$ it takes to live there. Just got home a while ago and checked the mail, now the e-mail then hopefully early to bed. Me and another woman I work with shared the sofa bed which was in the living room connected to the kitchen and there were a couple of early risers (5am so no sleeping in on vacation) they'd be up making coffee then they'd stay up late to watch chick flicks so we didn't get to bed too early either. We didn't get any bad weather in Fla just a little sprinkle one afternoon after we'd already had beach time the rest of the rain was at night.

Hi cass, nice to see you back.

Member Extraordinaire

looks pretty calm while I was gone. One of the hospitals where I was vacationing had a recruitment cruise I wish I'd have heard about it before the day the cruise was held. I'd have gone just for the cruise and the goody give aways. I go back to work tomorrow unless I'm called off for low census. My name is at the top of the call off list since I hadn't been there to get booted maybe someone else will request low census.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast