Thread: Nursing School

Nursing School

Hi,
    I am student at university of San Francisco direct masters entry program. the Program sucks because of poor teachers.Two professors did an unjust treatment with me and have failed me in one course and did discriminate me on bases of my nationality. what should I do? I know my material. I did work hard too. I do not want to repeat the course because i know my material. Please advice

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Nursing School

Post moved to more appropriate Forum.

Ricu

Hi SSC,

You have your work cut out for you regardless of what you choose to do. I'm assuming that you have made every attempt to work through a solution with the professor and had no success. The next step is to speak to your academic advisor. If you truly believe that you have been discriminated against, your advicsor should direct you through the process of filing a charge. Be very sure of this. The harder thing to do may be to decide whether to pursue this charge or your degree. Each will monopolize most of your time. One may ease your feeling of injury and the other will speed you along the way to graduation and the rest of your life. One will show how big a person you are inside and the other has the potential to leave you bankrupt and feeling bitter. You have every right to follow either route. A word of advice. You will encounter ignorant people everywhere. Some will wield power. You will decide how effective that power really is over you.

Good luck,

R

The university should have a written grievance procedure. It normally starts with a department head, goes to a dean, and up the chain from there. However, if it was racial discrimination, then there should also be an affirmative action office on campus that you could go to as well. Your student handbook should outline all of this.
    Barry Manilow didn't write I Write The Songs. Bruce Johnston did.