Just got registered on this site and wanted to say Hey. It was rough for me going thru outpatient rehab and not being able to work. I felt like I would be living on the street at anytime. But I finally got diagnosed with Bipolar II disorder and started treatment with Lamictal. I'm a this timmer with 2yrs being clean and sober. I've been an ICU nurse my whole career of 16yrs. I had to go to IV Therapy to return to work. It's been a stuggle. I'm not a good fit for IV Therapy. I'm use to sick trauma pts. and lots of blood and guts. I'm slowly coming around to accepting my new role. I'm back in shcool and going for my NP in menatl health. I've struggle with addiction all my life. My parents were alcoholics and so were theirs. I've had a much as 7yrs of sobriety in the past. Not having my bipolar diagnosed before created more challenges to the already tough battle of recovery. It's been a wake up call and now I want to help others with duel diagnosis. I also want to write a memoir of my experince as a trauma nurse, being male and having dual diagnosis. It's time for the public to know what stress we go through and no resources of support. Also want to rid the sterotypes of people with mental illness. Hope all is well with you and yours.