WCCC names nursing program director

WASHINGTON TWP. -- Warren County Community College has named Registered Nurse Joan Pollner as the new nursing director at the school.
A Lopatcong resident, Pollner had worked at various administrative positions within the healthcare field for the past six years, but decided that she wanted to utilize this experience in her new role at WCCC.

"I am thrilled to be at Warren County Community College," said Pollner. "My nursing career started at WCCC with the nurse aide certification course and then I obtained my associate's degree with support and sponsorship from WCCC."

Pollner went on to earn a bachelor's degree in nursing from Rutgers University and then a master's degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.

Pollner is a certified hospice and palliative nurse and currently serves on the Morristown Memorial Hospital Bioethics Committee. Additionally, she is a member of the National Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association, the New Jersey State Nurses Association, the New Jersey League for Nursing, the Organization of Nurse Executives NJ, and Sigma Theta Tau International, a nursing honor society.

"I am looking forward to helping students in Warren County realize their dreams of becoming nurses so that they can serve the residents of this special area of New Jersey, and beyond," she said.

Pollner takes over a program that recently received accreditation and is recognized as one of the best programs in the state.

Pollner, meanwhile, isn't the only one in her family to take classes at WCCC. All three of her adult children have attended classes at WCCC.
For further information about the nursing program, call (908) 835-2314.