Thread: License Inactive but what about work?

Exclamation License Inactive but what about work?

:shades_smile:Hi family....Aaaaggghhh! I have been clean 8 years!
    Then boom...relapsed! Needless to say the Ohio Board frowns on Nurses taking drugs from work...even though I used only after my shift! Talk about denial!...Anyway thank God I'm in Outpatient and back in the rooms of NA. My only question at the moment is ...
    Can a nurse with a license voluntarily on hold work as a Medical Assistant or Phlebotomist until they find out about the next step
    and or charges against them when their license is on hold?.Mr."T".:33:

Member Extraordinaire

Re: License Inactive but what about work?

I would check with your state's board of nursing- they might have an issue with you having any type of job where you will have patient contact.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Re: License Inactive but what about work?

:shades_smile:That does make sense Amanda...But I have heard in Ohio Medical Assistants do not need a license and are under the direction of Physicians and Nurses. It sounded like a good Idea because of the fact there is no Narcotic handling. But I see your point also. It's a shame I have 23 years of Nursing experience.
    10 of those ER and Trauma and I may not even be allowed to take an H&P or do Vital Signs! It seems to me working lower than your License requires is at least Recovery friendly and for sure more stress free! Any way I guess I should look at the Big picture.
    Anybody else got some feedback on a Registered Nurse with a License
    (but voluntarily on hold for the moment)working as a Medical Assistant or Phlebotomist? Or maybe I should get a desk job?
    It's all sooo frustrating cause I was clean 8 years and went through the Ohio Nurses Alternative Program and passed with flying colors because I wanted it bad and embraced Recovery. Did the stupidist thing you can do by grabbing a job in PACU. Then when I found out my wife had breast cancer I went tilt and picked up! Within a few weeks I was runnin with It! Funny I remember praying to God to help me quit! Well He did..He let me get Busted.Weird how I was relieved to give that Urine Test!Wonder what the Board is going to do with me now? Thank God I never harmed any patients! (I always used after work).
    Any way enough about me. Any more Ideas? Comments?...Thanks Mr."T"