Thread: Election gripe

Election gripe

I have been blown away by the one-sided, unethical, in my opinion, swaying of the American public to vote for Obama. I don't think he's all bad, but my Lord....does ANYONE think for themselves anymore? I know that everyone who reads this will probably end up a die-hard Obama fan, but why? I've spent hours and hours reading policies, aspirations, histories...watching enless hours of debate...all for what? I have never in my life, witnessed such a manipulation by Hollywood, private and public groups and clubs, etc. to....I was going to use the term sway but that word is not strong enough...they are outright dictating the way citizens should vote AND MOST OF US ARE LISTENING! I have never been so afraid regarding the outcome of an election as I am now. I've even been researching international nursing in the event I decide to excodous this country for a while with my family. I have lived overseas before and missed my country SO MUCH! I'm not sure, however, that this will be a safe place for my family much longer.

I have no racist predjudice...my children span the ethnic rainbow and I would lay down my life for all of them...adopted or biological. I can't say the history of Islamic belief doesn't rattle me a bit, however....right or wrong I'm being honest here. What truly sends chills down my spine is the overwhelming support this man is receiving from people who know nothing about what he represents or stands for. My daughter's high school is FILLED with first time voters whom will be stuffing Obama's name into the box...just because Pink and MTV have glamorized him so.

So sure am I of his overwhelming influence...I will probably not even read the responses to this thread...just due to the pure sickness of hearing wonderful things about this man that non of us know is even loyal to the United States. When did he serve in the Armed Forces? How long has he served...period? I stay up nights worrying about this election...even though, deep down inside, I KNOW he will win. I must put my heart, which is gripped with fear, into the hand of God and trust that even the worst things that happen...only happen because He allows them. I sent the following note to the American Nurses Association, which I don't believe should endorse ANY candidate EVER. I believe that it would be much more beneficial to nurses, and citizens in general, if the loud mouths would just present the facts, histories, voting trends of the candidates, and policies and let us, the US citizen, make our own conscious, informed choice. I believe we are still capable to do just that.

Dear ANA,

Wow. I'm really shocked that your association would endorse Obama in the upcoming election. One thing your endorsement has convinced me of...I will never associate myself with your organization. You obviously have very little analytical ability regarding politics. I would hope that your misguided endorsement will fall on deaf ears, although historically the masses are guided, or at least influenced by, supposed "intellectuals" such as yourselves, for their direction. After careful consideration....I can't endorse your organization to any thinking American.

Sincerely.....

I implore ALL of you to PLEASE vote from your own values and concerns. Obviously, mine don't lead to Obama...if yours do...great. Just don't, I beg you, vote for someone because he makes prettier speaches...looks better in a suit (and takes the jacket off like he's a regular Joe)...please make an informed, careful decision.

We ALL have to live with the consequences of that decision, not just you.

There you have it...go ahead...burn me at the stake...splatter my blood on the walls of this forum...but please, think...pray..and research before Tuesday. For the sake of all of us....not just nurses.

P.S. I've met LOTS of people in government, as my brother was employed at the White House and the State Department for years. Many, I know personally. Please don't think I'm some radical, Bible thumping, "World's going to end" person. I am, proudly, a Christian...a thinking and compassionate one.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Election gripe

He was elected a Senator for Illinois, and you can see what a fine job he's doing there (not!). He's too busy on the trail, or on vacation.

Abba, I think for myself, don't worry!

PS....Have voted for both Repub. and Dem. Thank God for secret ballot.

Re: Election gripe

Same here. If one wants to know how each of the canadites voted while in the Senate all one has to do is look it up. It is public record for all to see. I have family in the military, long line of them from past to present. Some died for keeping our freedoms safe today. You are right. What does Obama stand for? What does he believe in? What is he so affraid of that he will not speak to the people who will be making the final vote? I am sorry. I will have to follow my faith and beliefs and go for the canidate that I know is a Christian, that will place his hand on the Bible to take his oath. I will have to go with a canidate, for if he has to decide how to lead the country in time of War if it should come to that, that will make the right decisions for the peoples freedom's and beliefs. I will have to vote for one who was willing himself to give his own life for this country that he loves and for its people, black, white, hispanic, Irish, Chinese, Philipin, Cuban, Korean, French, English, American Indian, and Christian, Islam, Jews, Catholic, Buddaism, Jehova, Atheists, Pentacosts, Mormans, and Amish, should I keep going. We all have our belief's and we are not affraid to state what they are and we honor each other rights.

I just hope when it comes down to it all will vote with a little common sense and not what the news has been trying to force down our throats.

God will take care of those who believes in him. God will take care of the country that follows him. The Nation has lost sight a long time ago, so we will reap what has been sowed. One Nation Under God.....remember....remember...