Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Things You Can Do To Make Your Shift Easier

Question Re: 10 Things You Can Do To Make Your Shift Easier

Thanks for posting this article. I went to the site and found a host of great related articles. I am in the process of writing an ebook on Ways To Stay Current In Your Nursing Career (title still in the working).

It's helpful to read what others are saying. I also read several other articles and have bookmarked Working World on my computer.

Most of the info I gleemed is already in my outline but I found a few nuggets to add and some good resources.

I recently created a website geared to Christian nurses who want to maximize their careers. Nurses On Fire Home Page It's very important that I keep up with what other nurses are looking for. I just joined Ultimate Nurse Forum and am excited with what I have found so far.

Again, thanks for the article link.

Re: 10 Things You Can Do To Make Your Shift Easier

Quote Originally Posted by LTC LPN 2006 View Post
    Great Article!

I'm a new nurse and many of those items were no-brainers to me. I already come in early, organize the nurse's station, stock my cart, etc. And I'm AMAZED that I'm one of the ONLY nurses that does it. Where I work nurses stroll in 15-30 min. LATE (I arrive 10-15 min. early). The carts are always out of supplies and no one empties their garbage for the next shift. In the 2 months that I've been there my efforts have not motivated others, but I will continue to do so because I feel that is the right thing to do.
    Success is around the corner for you and miles away for them.

Indonurse

Talking Re: 10 Things You Can Do To Make Your Shift Easier

I had afternoon duty...How to relieve it?

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by Indonurse View Post
    I had afternoon duty...How to relieve it?
    Like many of you, I'm sure, I've worked on all shifts and while there are differences, there are more basics. I don't see how any of those 10 items are applied differently, regardless of shift. I agree that this article was a good reminder. Thanks again, Andrew.

R

Thumbs up Re: 10 Things You Can Do To Make Your Shift Easier

Thanks for sharing the article Sometimes it's nice to be reminded of the "no-brainers".

Great article to share. While I'm still a student, many of the tips still apply to us-both at home (preparing for clinical, etc.) and at clinical itself. I'll definitely be printing this off and bringing it with me- just in case I need a little reminder to slow down and breathe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12