Thread: LWW to publish Journal of Neuroscience Nursing

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

LWW to publish Journal of Neuroscience Nursing

In case you are interested: Newswise Medical News | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Selected as Publisher of the Journal of Neuroscience Nursing

Newswise — Lippincott Williams & Wilkins has signed an agreement with the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses to publish the Journal of Neuroscience Nursing beginning January 2009. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) is part of Wolters Kluwer Health, a leading provider of information and business intelligence for students, professionals, and institutions in medicine, nursing, allied health, pharmacy and the pharmaceutical industry.

The Journal of Neuroscience Nursing is the official journal of the American Association of Neuroscience Nurses. The bimonthly publication offers original articles on advances in neurosurgical and neurological techniques as they affect nursing care, theory and research, and commentary on the roles of the neuroscience nurse in the health care team.

The journal provides information to nurses and health care professionals working in diverse areas of neuroscience patient care, such as multi-specialty and neuroscience intensive care units, general neuroscience units, combination units (neuro/ortho, neuromuscular/rehabilitation, neuropsychiatry, neurogerontology), rehabilitation units, medical-surgical units, pediatric units, emergency and trauma departments, and surgery departments. The information is applicable to professionals working in clinical, research, administrative, and educational settings.

“We are excited about the wonderful opportunities that await us with our partnership with LWW,” said V. Susan Carroll, JNN’s Editor. “Our collaboration will help AANN build on the foundation that has helped us publish an exceptional publication in the nursing field for the last 39 years.”

“The Journal of Neuroscience Nursing is a excellent addition to the LWW publishing program,” said Beth Guthy, Publisher. “By providing the journal in print and online we aim to strengthen the JNN’s position as a vital information resource for the nursing and healthcare community.”

Re: LWW to publish Journal of Neuroscience Nursing

That's hot. NeuroScience, and TBI are my bread and butter.
    This is super news!
    Flight/Trauma Nurse
    RN, B.S.N., CCRN, ccNREMT-P, FP-C,
    B.S. NeuroScience, M.S.N.(ACNP/FNP) Student
    ACLS, PALS, NRP, PHTLS, and all the other $2 titles

Glad this is useful to ya, Medic! I try to find things that you all could use.

Thumbs up Re: LWW to publish Journal of Neuroscience Nursing

Yeah, I use ThePoint on a daily basis to look back on "Brunner and Suddarth's Med/Surg" as well as my Biological NeuroPsychology notes. This will be an excellent resource for anyone dealing with TBI, Epilepsy, etc in the ICU. Hopefully, Vandy's Eskind Biomedical Library has purchased access to this publication, else I will be forced to.
    Flight/Trauma Nurse

Can it be considered work related?

Employees and students of Vandy are provided access to the med school's digital subscription library with access to the latest research. Since we are a trauma I and my subspecialty in Trauma is Traumatic Brain Injury, this can be considered work related. Vandy has one of the largest NeuroScience units in the South. NeuroScience and Trauma are two different floors, I alternate between the two. Even if they could not justify adding it, I would purchase a subscription out of pocket, because I eat, breathe, and sleep Neuroscience.
    Flight/Trauma Nurse