Thread: About the CA program.....help!

About the CA program.....help!

I will be entering the diversion program in CA and was wondering if somebody could help me. I'm so scared and worried. I'm ready for the commitment but just don't know what to expect. HELP!!!

Re: About the CA program.....help!

Hi..........I'm with you. I also started a diversion program in NJ. I am also nervous and scared. I will say I am finding more comfort with the Peer Assist Group I go to weekly. I do not know if CA mandates that. But it is other nurses who have been where we are. Best of luck! Keep posting.

Smile Re: About the CA program.....help!

I was in the CA diversion program (maximus) for three years and ten months; I am happy to say I successfully completed it in January. For me, this was a life and career saving experience and was the best thing I could have done. The restrictions are difficult, but my experience with Maximus was always positive and productive. Again, my experience was the more compliant and honest with them that I was, the more accomodating they were. I think they do great work and I have no complaints. It is natural to be afraid but so many people have benefitted greatly from the CA program, including me. Best of luck to you!