Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Jobs for Felons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Nursing Jobs for Felons

Quote Originally Posted by whattheydokid View Post
    so after seven years in the state of Illinois a felony can be sealed?
    It has been my understanding that even with a pardon you are not excused from listing your a felon. Also research has shown that a State pardon / expungement / sealed record is much much easier to get than Federal. I am from MS. but was convicted in TN. I now have a lawyer and will seek full restoration of rights instead of the pardon. I wish you the very best of luck.
    Rick

Well rick here in florida even after one receive there rights, one is still not able to find a job do to the fact that Florida is very hardcore about giving someone with a job with a felony. What about having a bond? Has anyone tried that?? Cause I'm attending college in South Georiga Where with a felony I was able to get a job at the hosptial..Not A RN yet..lol

Quote Originally Posted by whattheydokid View Post
    Well rick here in florida even after one receive there rights, one is still not able to find a job do to the fact that Florida is very hardcore about giving someone with a job with a felony. What about having a bond? Has anyone tried that?? Cause I'm attending college in South Georiga Where with a felony I was able to get a job at the hosptial..Not A RN yet..lol
    It would be nice to just work. Fla is not a compact state,nor is Ala. where I had hoped to work. Maybe I need to look at Ga.
    Rick

I have a question. 7 yrs ago I was convicted of a felony it was not drug related, but i was wanting to know I have been going to school and pretty soon will have all my basic done and was wanting to get my nursing degree. i was wanting to know if anyone knows if i would be able to get it I live in texas but will be moving to cali in a year. should i go ahead or just give up and find something else to do. i have tryied researching it but i can't seem to find out anything. when i lived in california in 2001 i was going to maric college for nursing and they did a back ground check at the beginning of the semester and didn't say anythingbut we moved 3 months later so i was unable to finish. if anyone knows anything please let me know. thank you, Julie

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Julieanne, only the State where you get your license can answer your question. I would suggest contacting them.

'Cat'

Nursing Jobs for Felons

How long do you have to wait to get your license back if they take it away? 1 year, 3 years, 7 years? Does it matter if you got a misdemeanor or a felony?

How long do you have to wait to get your license back if they take it away? 1 year, 3 years, 7 years? Does it matter if you got a misdemeanor or a felony?

what state did this happen in. I am now in process of getting felony conviction and I am not sure what the board is going to do at this point. I am hoping to stay on with my hospital in another position so this doesnt happen to me. Good luck to I would try calling first and speaking to department heads prior to going through HR so they can maybe put a good word in for you.

This happened in the state of Missouri. If you already have a nursing job, you have an advantage because you don't have to go looking for a job a job and go through the back ground checks.
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby rn View Post
    what state did this happen in. I am now in process of getting felony conviction and I am not sure what the board is going to do at this point. I am hoping to stay on with my hospital in another position so this doesnt happen to me. Good luck to I would try calling first and speaking to department heads prior to going through HR so they can maybe put a good word in for you.

Hi, I would love to help you with your assignment, and allow people to better understand addiction and that nurses are not perfect and we can be addicts too. feel free to email me: Laurie2400@hotmail.com

I thought making application, requesting a Governor pardon for your crimes is "State." So what do you hope to accomplish with expungement, because as you stated it does not keep your name off of the registry?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast