My Story:
Hello all, newbie here! My story started out great. When I decided to become a nurse I first became a CNA at a nursing home offering free classes. I worked as a CNA at that facility and learned about a scholarship program they offered. I qualified after 2 years as a CNA and went to a 2 year ADRN program. I continued to work for the facility and got paid my working wage while in class. It was a wonderful opportunity. I only had to work for the facility for 2 years after graduating as an RN. I received my LPN one year through the program and a year later became an RN. I was a role model to the facility and corporation and even sat in on future evaluations for potential scholarship candidates.

All of this came to a sudden devastating end when I tested positive for a prescription narcotic that wasn't prescribed to me following numerous charting errors by various nurses on a certain team. The drug in question was Tramadol. When I tested dirty, it was for Vicodin. I did not divert the medication I had another means of getting it, but this is besides the point. The fact of the matter is I failed the urine test, the facility had a zero tolerance policy, I was fired and the DPFR had to be contacted.

The Consequence:
:cry_smile:
I had a hearing and it was determined that I was to lose my RN license for 6 months.
During the suspension I took an odd job as a lab tech for a new company in town. Six months were up (nearly 11 after paperwork) and I had another hearing to request the reinstatement of my license. My license was reinstated and I am on probation for 3 years.

The Problem:
I figured I would continue to work as a lab tech as I diligently searched to renew my career as a nurse. Unfortunately the company went under and I was laid off. Now I'm unemployed. I have numerous applications at various facilities for employment as a nurse. I haven't had any feedback after a week and I'm starting to worry if anyone will call me back due to my probation and past suspension.

Does anyone have any advice or know somewhere I may be able to find work as a nurse given my current situation?? :confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Murse78