Thread: Moving to Michigan

Wink Moving to Michigan

I will be taking my CNA test next month here in West Virginia but i am moving to Michigan in the spring. Will they hire me if i am still certified in West Virginia because i need to start work in Michigan asap. Can i be certified in both states? Does anybody know how it works in Michigan? any input would be great:rose:

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Moving to Michigan

Misty: yes, you can get your certification in Michigan as far as I know. Certification in multiple states shouldn't be a problem, either.

I posted information on the State Board of Nursing here: http://www.ultimatenurse.com/forum/f...e-forum-20080/ Perhaps you should contact them regarding information.

Good luck!

'Cat'

Re: Moving to Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by mistya175 View Post
    I will be taking my CNA test next month here in West Virginia but i am moving to Michigan in the spring. Will they hire me if i am still certified in West Virginia because i need to start work in Michigan asap. Can i be certified in both states? Does anybody know how it works in Michigan? any input would be great:rose:
    Hi!

Once you obtain your certification in West Virginia you need to apply for reciprocity in Michigan. The reciprocity is like a transfer of your CNA credentials. To get a step-by-step list of what u need to do when applying for reciprocity go to CNA Certification and Training Information and choose CNA Certification transfer. I found their guide really helpful regarding of what state you're moving to. Good luck!