Thread: Stressed over a lapsed license

Exclamation Stressed over a lapsed license

I found out this morning that my nursing license is lapsed! WV no longer renews in January and changed the renewal date to Oct. 31st. I knew this but forgot because it has always been a Jan. renewal. I have cried and stressed my self sick over this. I was completely unaware and have worked with a lapsed license up until today. I already contacted the board and my boss but have no idea what will happen next. My company has to void all billing that I did from Nov. 1 thru today and will lose a good bit of money because of me. Plus, I can't work until my license is reinstated. I have no idea how long that takes. I feel like such a screw up and have let myself and my company down. I know that I will receive a fine for letting my license lapse and probably disciplinary action from work. I'm afraid I will get fired actually. I've never had disciplinary action before and I am freaking out. If there is anyone out there who has been in this unfortunate situation, any advice would be helpful.

Re: Stressed over a lapsed license

Keep calling the board of nursing. Take it easy.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Welcome to the site! I posted this http://www.ultimatenurse.com/forum/f...icenses-33990/ back in late October.

As previous poster said, keep trying to contact the BON, but then they may say 'You should have been aware.' Sorry, but they can do that.

Thanks for the support. I have stressed myself sick. I still have not heard what the decision about discipline is from HR. I'm also unsure why they didn't catch my license being lapsed. They probably thought renewal was in January also. I have absolutely never done anything so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KimJoRN View Post
    Thanks for the support. I have stressed myself sick. I still have not heard what the decision about discipline is from HR. I'm also unsure why they didn't catch my license being lapsed. They probably thought renewal was in January also. I have absolutely never done anything so stupid.
    All you can do now is remedy the situation. Does no good to beat yourself up. Your error was unintentional and without malice.

It is not how many times you fall down but how many times you get back up.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

KimJo, I am sorry to hear about things; hope you don't think i was being impersonal or uncaring.

As you can see, I try to post things that are relevant to different states in their respective State Forum. Also, I try to post it in Nursing News, or where-ever else it may be relevant.

Here's hoping you drop by often to see what's going on!

'Cat'

I certainly didn't take it the wrong way. I'm just upset with myself. I appreciate having a place to vent and get advice.

I still have not heard from work to see what their decision is. I'm exhausted from worrying. I am going to contact the board again shortly because they have received my reinstatement application and associated fees. It's not like my boss to leave me hanging like this so I feel like it is going to end up bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KimJoRN View Post
    I still have not heard from work to see what their decision is. I'm exhausted from worrying. I am going to contact the board again shortly because they have received my reinstatement application and associated fees. It's not like my boss to leave me hanging like this so I feel like it is going to end up bad.
    Well, if the Board got the re-instatement fees and all, that is a good thing, right?