Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shout out to all Pre-Nursing Students

Re: Shout out to all Pre-Nursing Students

Quote Originally Posted by 91B View Post
    Guess I am a pre-nursing student, since I have yet to hear back from ACC about my application. All pre-reqs and co-reqs are done, all immunizations are in, the ranking is computed, now I just have to wait.
    91B, you hang in there. I'm both an ACC ADN & UTMB BSN alum. I can tell you for a fact ACC ADN program has an outstanding NCLEX success rate.

You know I'm just down the road from you.
    Keep in touch.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Wonder how orionseal's wife is doing?!

Hello everybody!!! I'm new to these boards and doing my pre-recs for my local nursing program. Right now I'm still super excited about it, so I'm hoping that excitement will last. Anyone have any advice for getting through all this?
    Debra
    Single mom to
    TWINS!! Anthony and Nathan (6)
    and my baby David (3)

Hello! I'm beginning LVN classes the last of August. I just turned 51 and I'm very excited about my plans. I made my final decision in March, took the test in April, and received my acceptance letter in May. A busy few months!

I've taken a couple online classes, but haven't attended school in 20 years. I went to school for dental assisting, married and raised three step-daughters, returned to school, homeschooled our now 20 yr old son (college), and with dh am raising our special needs 17 yr old son. Farming is changing and I decided to fulfill this dream now. Our son was medically-fragile for the first five years and we spent a lot of time in the hospital. Taking care of him fueled my desire for a nursing career. He spent six months in NICU and one month in PICU before we even brought him home. It was in/out following that journey.

Even at my age I plan to get my LVN and then do the transition program to RN. That's the easiest on our family life since it will be near home. I have my pre-reqs in order to complete an online BSN from a university near here. Might as well utilize those classes. Lots of plans, but I'm motivated.:cool-nurse: I also can't wait to tell all of our former nurses who gave me an "honorary nursing degree" during our hospital days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12